what's your cutoff point temp wise ?

W

whatever

im thinking mine is about 45 degrees after that with all the extra clothes i would have to wear i feel i should be on a snowmobile. ha ha

ry-mac75

It's 2C here today... er... 36F or thereabouts for you Yanks... I'm still riding. I'm out until the snow sticks.

Bison39

I did a couple days around 27 degrees F (-3 degrees C) before I put it away for the winter but my hands were freezing on my 25 minute commute!

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member
Last edited:

ry-mac75

I feel like such a wimp. It was 50F this morning so I took my car in (and, of course, I am looking out now and it's gorgeous outside)..
Oh dude - for shame.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

bmw675

last night i i went out for a short ride, it was around 43 degrees. i just had a t-shirt on under my perforated leather jacket. i couldn't decide between speeding up to get home or go slower b/c the wind was making it brutal.

Fogride

When it drops to 40 or so around here it means it freezes at night and stays frozen on the bridges and in the shadows for a long time. I don't risk it in those conditions. Each day in the winter is a hard and personal choice when friends call up to go riding. I've been lucky so far. Almost any where I ride is uphill and it doesn't take long to get to the snow. It's really nice summer riding.

W

whatever

I might been little off on my temp post.... because most rides i went on in the last 2 or 3 weeks the temp was in the low to mid 50.

but now looks like there will be more 40 degree days then 50 so i will see how it goes and post back.

im loooking to get out 2 or 3 times a month so the storage will be less of a issue.

or no storage at all !!!

Last edited by a moderator:

JSP

Super Moderator
Ive ridden into the 20's... Pretty damn cold. I would rather it be above freezing though as the roads can ice easy.

MikeN02

No cut off point here for me in Florida, but if it's a hurricane or really hard rain/hail. Last year I rode in the 32F weather and yes it was my first time riding so I was excited but my hards were so cold it hurt.

Kspalla

I work over night so if it is 50F or so i will ride in but i know it will be COLD on the ride home, 26F the one morning...ugh, but on days im off i will zip around till about 40F if its sunny

Spunky99

The fog here is bad near the beach and I hate to ride on the slick streets all covered in wet. It doesn't rain enough to wash down the streets so that wet surface is like oiled water on glass.The other thing that messes me up is the fogging of my glasses and visor. It gets pretty hard to see where you are going at times. After 20 mph or so it clears usually but sitting at a light I can't see a thing.

What do you all do about a fogging visor or glasses?

Kspalla

The fog here is bad near the beach and I hate to ride on the slick streets all covered in wet. It doesn't rain enough to wash down the streets so that wet surface is like oiled water on glass.The other thing that messes me up is the fogging of my glasses and visor. It gets pretty hard to see where you are going at times. After 20 mph or so it clears usually but sitting at a light I can't see a thing.

What do you all do about a fogging visor or glasses?

Pinlock on my hjc hellion, had just a few troubles when still kinda breathing hard from pulling the bike out of the shed but mostly stays clear.

on a sub-freezing morning i will open the shield at a stop light to keep my glasses clear

Spunky99

Pinlock on my hjc hellion, had just a few troubles when still kinda breathing hard from pulling the bike out of the shed but mostly stays clear.

on a sub-freezing morning i will open the shield at a stop light to keep my glasses clear
I do that too..have to...

D

Deleted member 9794

I think I can make it until snow hits the ground. I thought about not riding into work last week when it was supposed to be hit the high thirties the next day....... but then gas hit $3.05 per gal so I put my thermal liner in, wore a long sleeve shirt under my jacket, and hit the road.

bmw675

I think I can make it until snow hits the ground. I thought about not riding into work last week when it was supposed to be hit the high thirties the next day....... but then gas hit $3.05 per gal so I put my thermal liner in, wore a long sleeve shirt under my jacket, and hit the road.
agree, where you at in IL, seem to be getting more of us on here

D

Deleted member 9794

agree, where you at in IL, seem to be getting more of us on here
The big city of Peoria! Haven't rode to Champaign yet, just Bloomington and Decatur.... it was on my list but due to mother nature I think it'll have to wait til next year.