What's the best oil to use? (Preferably available in AUS)

spleakz0r

I need to change the oil in my FZ6R, this is my first bike and I have very limited mechanical knowledge so I'm not entirely sure how to differentiate one oil from another.

Would anyone have any recommendations on the best oil to get for my bike? Preferably something that would be available in Australia.

Price isn't really an issue, provided it's within reason of course.

Thanks in advance guys! :)

The best oil is the one that meets motorcycle requirements and you change on time. Other than that... well. Others will chime in on that. :D

So there isn't any different like oil for different bikes? Differnet viscocity etc.

Like I know for cars, different cars use different oils.

I'm talking engine oil here btw, sorry I forgot to mention that.

So there isn't any different like oil for different bikes? Differnet viscocity etc.

Like I know for cars, different cars use different oils.

I'm talking engine oil here btw, sorry I forgot to mention that.

The bike uses the same oil for the engine, trans and clutch. Owners manual. you have one?

What ever oil you decide on make sure it is JASO-MA rated, you can even find car and truck oils with this this rating the only one that I can think of right now is shell rotella t, but i know there are some other "heavy duty" type automotive oils out there that have that rating. Oils that have that jaso ma rating, have been approved for use in motorcycles with wet clutches by the Japanese automotive standards organization, and pretty much means that they have no friction modifiers in them. Friction modifiers are great for your engine but horrible for a wet clutch that needs the best friction to work.

10w-40 for fall/winter, 15w-50 for spring/summer. That's how I roll.

That one for Australia's variations of seasons ranging from fark it hot and there is sweat dripping from my balls to luke-warm and bitch n moan if the temp goes into single figures (Celsius).

As for brands, well they all pretty much come out of the same hole.

That one for Australia's variations of seasons ranging from fark it hot and there is sweat dripping from my balls to luke-warm and bitch n moan if the temp goes into single figures (Celsius).

As for brands, well they all pretty much come out of the same hole.

Very nice dc! :D

I run Mobil 1 4t 10w-40 year round.

I use this

murphy-oil-soap-single.jpg

its see through which means its cleaner....
It smells good which means it wont stink up the atmosphere
and is looks pretty damn liquid so itll keep things cool in the summer....
Not to mention itll make things glow
I also use it as my muffler bearing lube.

I only use one jug...I dont like to over fill...allows for better circulation when theres more room for flow.

I currently have motul fully synthetic oil in mine

Back