what tires should I put on my bike

MrFrzZ

My bike had a metzler sportec on the rear and a Dunlop in the front. I like the metzler... The Dunlop will probably become a metzler to match when they get changed.

vcdstroyr

I do mostly commuting with the occasional road trip. I don't do twisties or aggressive riding.

I put on some Continental Conti Motions. I have about 9K miles on the tires, a bit of a flat spot but still have plenty of tread. I'm guessing I'll get another 2-3K miles at least.

I like the tires. They are great for what I do and they were cheap.

I will probably get some Bridgestone BT-023 Sport touring tires just to try something else. Probably pay a bit more than conti motion though.

Forean

I've used a Pirelli GT rear, and a Dunlop in front. I do like them both, but I am probably going to the PR4s when I get a different set of tires.

vcdstroyr

I do mostly commuting with the occasional road trip. I don't do twisties or aggressive riding.

I put on some Continental Conti Motions. I have about 9K miles on the tires, a bit of a flat spot but still have plenty of tread. I'm guessing I'll get another 2-3K miles at least.

I like the tires. They are great for what I do and they were cheap.

I will probably get some Bridgestone BT-023 Sport touring tires just to try something else. Probably pay a bit more than conti motion though.
Update: I got about 10500 miles on the Conti Motion tires. Unfortunately I caught a nail on my rear tire. Looking at the thread I could've rode another 500-1000 miles.

Currently looking for a deal on some BT-023. Cheapest I've found is 196 for the set.

Highly recommend the Conti Motions.