What don't you like about your FZ6R?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Yep! Power Crystal works from day one as a running light in Aus.

Overall the only thing I didnt appreciate were the stock mirrors and exhaust (mainly to quiet)

Otherwise if you dont want something SS but still sporty -this bike ticks all the boxes

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Brock Kickass

I actually like the stock exhaust. It's quiet and you can barely see it. I like things low-key sometimes.

...or do I put this in the "What Do You Like" thread?

nucmedman63

For me only one thing that will make trade her in for something different is its not made for the interstate riding 80+MPH feels like it is really pushing it. and myself I average about 20,000 mile a year on her feel I will wear her out before her time.

Muffinpunch

I dislike the full fairing, the crappy steel swingarm, and the suspension front and rear. I hate that in the US you can't get the naked version (xj6) and that if you want to run your 6r naked you are forced to expose the cheap looking frame bracket that holds everything together.

All that being said, it's my favorite bike right now in the "entry level" category. A little extra money and a bit of creativity and all of those shortcomings can be corrected. It has a great stance, a beautiful proportion, and a bulletproof engine with Yamaha reliability. Fz6r = win.

Brock Kickass

For me only one thing that will make trade her in for something different is its not made for the interstate riding 80+MPH feels like it is really pushing it. and myself I average about 20,000 mile a year on her feel I will wear her out before her time.
That's the biggest reason I don't ride one anymore. If I didn't take long trips the 6R would have been lots of bike for me for years and years

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Brock Kickass

I have no problem doing 80+ on my girl. She loves to fly. LOL!
Oh, it will do it and then some. Do it for a tank of fuel from top to bottom without a break, though, and you can tell it's breaking a sweat. On my FZ1 75-90mph feels like a leisurely stroll in comparison. As I said, it never bothered me to spool it up for a blast on a fun road, but doing it on the highway 300km at a time felt like I was being mean to the bike.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Brock Kickass

I have a friend looking at one. If he buys it I'm sure I'll end up giving it an extended test sooner or later. Remind me in the summer and I'll report my findings.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

06330i

Not fast enough. Wish the handle bars were more like a ss style, oem exhaust is a joke, wish it had dual headlights, and the rear swingarm is kinda ugly. Yes I know all these things CAN be changed, but I can also buy a stock r6 and I wouldn't complain.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

RoadTrip

It's funny, even though I only rode my FZ6R for a little while, I really felt sad when I traded her in, like I had abandoned her - but I hear some young fella took ownership finally, and he loves the bike, so now she is back out on the road where she was meant to be. Ha ha, I am getting that same feeling even just talking about it, I really liked that bike (maybe a first love thing?).

To stay on topic, though, I guess I really wanted to be hunched over more when getting aggressive in the corners, but be careful what you wish for - oh, my aching back!

Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

RoadTrip

Gixxer is pretty comfy for a Super Sport though. Definitely better than Yami, and Kawi SS's. My buddies Gixxer 750 doesn't lean so harsh. Bike feel light too, very well balanced.
yeah, but I am old with a cranky back, so its still a world of difference compared to the FZ6R - I definitely gonna be a racer boy for another year or so, then maybe trade back to something more upright.