What did you do to your bike today?

mrtho1

First time rider, first bike. Took the basic MSF class a couple weeks ago, that was first time ever on bike. Got 2013 FZ6R delivered today. Did a few laps around neighborhood, got a little more adventurous and hit some highways etc, had a BLAST. Driveway is a bit steep and dropped it trying to back out into street, so... that's out of the way ;) Looks like a great forum! Zoom zoom...

--m

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

MattEnTheHat

I was riding home from my girlfriend's house. I was almost home (about a quarter mile away), when my clutch cable snapped. I knew right away what had happened, my clutch just went all floppy and collapsed against my handlebar.
I pulled to the side of the road (I was on a mountain road, so I was very lucky that there was a good pull-out very close by). I wasn't able to get it into neutral without a clutch, so I just let it stall when I came to a stop. I got off and took a look, and sure enough, the clutch cable was broken about 3 inches from where it connects to the clutch.
I have no idea what caused it, I had never noticed it being frayed, but I can't say I have ever specifically checked, and I've only had the bike for about 2,000 miles.
In any case, my next piece of luck came along a couple minutes later while I was contemplating what to do. My next door neighbor happened to also be coming home and saw me on the side of the road. He also rides, and he stopped to ask if I needed help. I explained the situation, and he offered to help me bump start it so I could get home.
That is where my third piece of luck came in. I happened to be on a hill (I live on top of mountain), so I was able to coast down the hill and bump it. My fourth piece of luck was that there was no lights or stop signs between where I broke down and my house, so I was able to limp all the way home without any problems (although this was my first attempt at clutchless shifting).
So now my bike is sitting in my driveway with no clutch, and I have some work to do tomorrow.
Overall, I was VERY lucky to have it happen when and where it did (low speeds, pull-out nearby, very close to home), and to have some help, and it was actually a pretty good learning experience for me as it was my first time bump starting my bike and my first time with clutchless shifting (even if I only shifted once from 2nd where I started it to first...).

bleedinblue

Elite Member
Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

BoneJj

Good night! A little under 600 miles day today. The FZ09 ride great and could be a killer ST bike with the right mods. 130 - 140 miles easy a tank cruising 80-90 all day long. Wind blast not an issue with the Puig fly screen (FZ1N). I don't feel any worst than riding the 6R for 600 miles. Actually much smoother...

Set camp and sun shoild be down any moment now. Good night!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/08/yby7usy9.jpg[/IMG]
Very nice, looks like a good time right there.

I like those bag setups that you have. I'd love to have some of those myself.

I'm still looking to get the hard case setup though for my bike. That would be ideal.

mrtho1

Today!!!! Wait for it... I set the clock!

DCF

I attached the headlight to the forks. Now I need bar end mirrors and my streetfighter will be done!!!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Last edited:

mrtho1

First mods today!
Oggy knobs and removed my pillion handles/foot pegs.
And a wash.
Nice! I threw on my sliders from oesaccessories yesterday (ditto on first mods ;)). Got the same bike, may copy cat on the removal of the pillion handles/foot pegs.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

MattEnTheHat

Nothing major I hope?
Just a broken clutch cable. Normally I would have just fixed it myself and been done with it, but the original owner of my bike purchased an extended warranty, so I figured I may as well have them do it, its free that way. In retrospect, though, my bike has now been unridable for a week and I should have just bought the $30 part and fixed it...

BoneJj

Just a broken clutch cable. Normally I would have just fixed it myself and been done with it, but the original owner of my bike purchased an extended warranty, so I figured I may as well have them do it, its free that way. In retrospect, though, my bike has now been unridable for a week and I should have just bought the $30 part and fixed it...
It'll be a good thing though, maybe they will fix any other issues that they find or at least tell you about them.

The local dealer to me got a lot better over the last couple years in their service department, change in management and also employees has helped out so very much over there. Now it's a place I don't have an issue about taking my bike to, they also dropped their prices on a lot of service and work as well. It no longer costs and arm and a leg just to get work done with them.