Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

jammer

Picked her up from the shop. Exhaust sounds awesome but gotta get the DB killer taken out. As soon as I got home I put on the Motodynamics tail light, DMP fender eliminator and decided to delete the grab bars. Only thing on my list now is front signals. Was too dark for pics when I got done but will get some this afternoon.

Watched MistahT's video for taillight and FE before starting and it helped make things easy.

Removed DB killer but still popping looks like block off plates move to the top of the list.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sandro

so far have just rode to work. i was a little cold so i decided to ride in the middle lane. almost had a couple douchers merge right into me. a good reminder that "blocking positions" were taught to me for good reason :)

daddyrack

Premium Member

mrtho1

Installed Motodynamics tail light and DMP fender eliminator. Lots of wires jammed up under my passenger seat now. Anyone have a pic of a nice clean install? Huge shout out to therealMistahT and his youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBNwZ4Kmrzo

jammer

Installed Driven Block Off plates and zoomed around the neighborhood. Seems to have mostly cured the backfiring issue but now she smells like she's running rich. Smh.

ignatz

Crap

Installed PCV, smog block off plates and put the R6 header and muffler back on. Went for a test run with Marthy's Advgear RevB and didn't notice much of a power difference.

Put the bike back on the stand after testing to ensure the power commander was working properly and the map was loaded, which it appeared to be when I ran a live feed in gear. Then proceed to put the fairings back on and drop the bike when taking off the stand as I forgot to put the kick stand back down.:mad: Luckily it hit my '66 mustang and only broke the mirror and scuffed the paint on the mustang.:mad:

At least I have an extra set of the carbor zx6r mirrors in my garage. Not sure if I want to install those or just order another set of the regular zx6r mirrors and replace the broken mirror.

djf18374

Installed PCV, smog block off plates and put the R6 header and muffler back on. Went for a test run with Marthy's Advgear RevB and didn't notice much of a power difference.

Put the bike back on the stand after testing to ensure the power commander was working properly and the map was loaded, which it appeared to be when I ran a live feed in gear. Then proceed to put the fairings back on and drop the bike when taking off the stand as I forgot to put the kick stand back down.:mad: Luckily it hit my '66 mustang and only broke the mirror and scuffed the paint on the mustang.:mad:

At least I have an extra set of the carbor zx6r mirrors in my garage. Not sure if I want to install those or just order another set of the regular zx6r mirrors and replace the broken mirror.

I think I would have just sat there on the floor of the garage and started sobbing. What a stretch of unfortunate bad luck :(

_Challe_

Not so much what i did today to my bike but.
My first bike got stolen (Xj6-n black 2013)

Today i got a brand new bike
(Xj6 SP white 2013)
All my goddies are transfered.
Pc-v / Filter / full Ixil exhaust.

Tomorrow ill do some light modifications to it.

Maadi

Didn't actually happen today, but I did finally order and install the Puig touring windscreen, and I have to say that I am now much more comfortable on the highway!

Wish I had done it long ago.... :D

the8thst

I just got the bike a little under 2 weeks ago, so I started on the basic cosmetic work first.

Fender Eliminator, Motodynamics Clear Tail Light, MD flush front turn signals, LED flasher relay (I really didn't want to have those big resisters hanging around) and pulled out the heated glove wiring the previous owner did. Now I just have to wait a few days for the last set of turn signals to show up so I can get them mounted in the fake ram air vents so cars in front of me will know when I have the blinkers on.

The bonus is that I found a nice leatherman stuck under the drivers seat when running the hard lines for my battery conditioner.

Finally I thoroughly confused myself by accidentally switching the display to KM instead of miles. I won't say how long it took, but I will say it took me WAY too long to figure out how the ODO magically decided to add ~3000 miles without leaving the garage :eek:.

Last edited:

BIG O

Resolved the turn signal issue I was having on my wife's bike by putting on a set of flush mount LED signals I found on E Bay for $50.

Bike looks much better and the signals were a direct plug and play affair.

No wire splicing or dremeling necessary :cool: