What did you do to your bike today?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

I know, PJ told me, one day there, next day gone... guess the Yamaha one is there, but not as convenient.

Got my fork seals done today... one was definitely leaking, down about 10mL. Shop manual says 473mL, I just rounded up to the mark on my vial to 475 per tube, also went up to 10w oil vs 0w, then took her for a test ride, minute difference, most notably less dive on braking and less rise on take off, but ever so slight.
That reduced compression on front end will improve drive through & exit power delivery with cornering and emergency change of direction, through increased contact area of the rear tire.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

ignatz

Got my 2002 r6 header and 2006 r6 can installed. Still need to take it for a test run to determine if I like the tone or not...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lwclancers

I know, PJ told me, one day there, next day gone... guess the Yamaha one is there, but not as convenient.
I will never go back their! They refused to pass my bike inspection last year and told me I had a 4 hour wait even after making an appt. Im going to have to see what the shop at Clearbrook will do, otherwise kind of screwed out this way.

I did order the PR4's last night! I'd really like to get them installed and inspected next weekend, guess will see. Did my spring oil change today though

Idiosynocracy

Got my 2002 r6 header and 2006 r6 can installed. Still need to take it for a test run to determine if I like the tone or not...

Looks good! Let us know how it sounds!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
This weekend I finally got rid of the back fender and the front turn signals. I now have clear flush mount signals on the front and a fender eliminator on the back. I LOVE the new look. It looks a lot cleaner and more streamlined.

latony007

Washed the old girl up yesterday and wanted to go for a ride, but worked in the yard all day and was beat when we finished the yard chores around 5:30 (was outside from 10am-5:30pm). Today worked in the yard some and then finally got her out for the first time of the season and also first time since my surgeries (carpal tunnel). Felt great, but right wrist is still a little tender (was the 2nd of my 2 surgeries). Still felt better than before the surgery and left felt great. I went on a quick 20 mile ride. Can't stop smiling. :D:D:D:D:D
Congrats Scott, she looks great all cleaned up!

Maadi

First ride to work of the season! :D Morning was really foggy, bike was totally wet = dirty... Afternoon 65F temp ride back home made up for it!

... And then there's a chance of snow again on Wednesday...
:*****slap:

This past weekend I installed flush mount turn signals on the front and a fender eliminator on the back. My next project is to add some decals. Obviously, 95% of motorcycle accessories are marketed towards men, and the 5% for women are always pink and sparkly and rainbows and unicorns and BARFFFF!

So I tracked down a vinyl sticker pack in a classic damask pattern. It's actually wallpaper border, but the pieces are all separate so I'm gonna apply them in a more organic layout than just stripes. On the plus side, its a wall decal/sticker used in homes so they ARE removable and reapply-able, but I think it will adhere a lot stronger to the bike plastics as they would to walls which aren't as smooth. If they work well I'll post a pic next week!

Attachments

Last edited:

scott5626

Added this today. Feels pretty secure to me.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007FHCR20/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_details_o03_s00_i00"]iOttie One-Touch Bike Mount Holder for iPhone 5 4S 4 3GS iPod Touch Samsung Galaxy S4 S3 S2 Nokia Lumia 920 HTC OneX EVO 4G Rhyme DROID RAZR MAXX Google Nexus LG Optimus G BlackBerry Z10 Torch Compact Size GPS:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories[/ame]

Bert-Aus

This past weekend I installed flush mount turn signals on the front and a fender eliminator on the back. My next project is to add some decals. Obviously, 95% of motorcycle accessories are marketed towards men, and the 5% for women are always pink and sparkly and rainbows and unicorns and BARFFFF!

So I tracked down a vinyl sticker pack in a classic damask pattern. It's actually wallpaper border, but the pieces are all separate so I'm gonna apply them in a more organic layout than just stripes. On the plus side, its a wall decal/sticker used in homes so they ARE removable and reapply-able, but I think it will adhere a lot stronger to the bike plastics as they would to walls which aren't as smooth. If they work well I'll post a pic next week!
If the glue is activated by water (as other wallpaper), what will happen if it rains?

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

It's not wallpaper glue, its a vinyl sticker. It's graded for use on homes, both indoors and outdoors. I'd imagine if I took a power washer to it, it wouldn't be too good though... After I apply them, I'll do a test wash to see how well it holds up.

It can be used as a wallpaper border, but it's not actual wallpaper.