What did you do to your bike today?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

12fz6rblack

I actually met a guy at cycle gear while I was there picking up some flush mounts and we got to talking and he hooked me up. He's out of Tulare good guy great work

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

alh081

its been a while but i installed some bar end mirrors yesterday and covered the mirror holes today.

BKP

Made a little face plate for my new voltage display. Kind of nice to have with the aux. lights. Just to be on the safe side... I kill the battery once. :(

At the same time I joint the 12V socket adapter. Look nice and clean!

Before someone ask, yes... this is real carbon fiber. I had a little piece left over from a previous project.
Great job. I think the volt meter is a fantastic idea. Should be standard on these bikes...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Bloke

Made a little face plate for my new voltage display. Kind of nice to have with the aux. lights. Just to be on the safe side... I kill the battery once. :(

At the same time I joint the 12V socket adapter. Look nice and clean!

Before someone ask, yes... this is real carbon fiber. I had a little piece left over from a previous project.
That is damn smart. I opted for an underseat 12v setup but damn yours looks great.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

priotiynapkin

(yesterday) I did my first tire change, with some help from my dad. went with the Michelin pilot road 2s. going to test them out today when the rain clears up.

BKP

@priotiynapkin: I've got around 2500 miles on my Pilot Road 2's, now. You're going to like them... a lot!
I was happy with the Roadsmart stock tires on the 6R. However, the old adage, "you don't miss what you don't know" applies here. The PR2's are grippier in both dry and wet; inspire *much* more confidence in the twisties; and just don't seem to want to slip or let go regardless of how far over you push the bike.

On another note, I am *very* happy with my Sena SMH5 headset, so I ordered an SMH10-11 for another helmet, to check the difference (the new SMH10R is coming soon with a slimmer profile, but, I like the jog dial on the original versions, and they do away with it on the R). I installed the SMH10 yesterday (which is why this post is in this thread), and this is what I found:

1. With the optional larger speakers in the SMH5, the sound is almost identical to the SMH10.
  2. Version 1.2 and 4.1.1 firmware for the SMH5 and SMH10, respectively, give you exactly the same commands, responses, and functionality.
  3. They're both now Bluetooth 3.0
  4. The SMH10 has a much larger profile, and drops down further below the helmet skirt (probably explains the lower antenna, and much greater range).
  5. Haven't tested it, but the SMH10 has about 50% more range, and battery life (although I've never run out of juice with the SMH5).
  6. They both paired perfectly with my phone, GPS, and each other.

SMH5 on the left, on the Scorpion; SMH10 on the right, on the Arai

Bottom line, I like them both (they have identical functionality, why wouldn't I...). However, I *do* like the smaller profile of the SMH5. If I'm not in a situation where I need the additional range or battery life (there's plenty on the 5), I think the 5 is a better deal (as long as you get the optional speakers).

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Detrich

Knowing when not to ride is also part of being a safe rider. :)

I know how u feel bcuz I'm in the same situation. But, I never regret erring on the side of caution.

It's great that your friends were ok. But, with the cold & wet weather we've had, it very easily could've gone the other way too. Always trust your instincts. :)