What did you do to your bike today?

Detrich

Went for a ride up ACH. Beautiful day today and pretty big moon too! My photo doesn't really show how big the moon was...

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member
Last edited:

Z3roFlaw

Washed, waxed and cleaned/lubed the chain for the first time since I've had the bike. It has about 440 miles on it so far.

I know there are a ton of chain lube forum topics, but all I want to know is this:

Is the PJ1 Black Label chain lube supposed to be so damn thick? And after applying it around the entire chain, it's so stringy that as I would spin the rear tire around it would produce this spider web type string crap that would get on the side-wall of the tire and just all over the place.

I think I'm going to ditch the black label stuff, clean the chain and surrounding area with WD-40 and the use some different lube that hopefully goes on clearer/cleaner and won't spray all over the place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BKP

Washed, waxed and cleaned/lubed the chain for the first time since I've had the bike. It has about 440 miles on it so far.

I know there are a ton of chain lube forum topics, but all I want to know is this:

Is the PJ1 Black Label chain lube supposed to be so damn thick? And after applying it around the entire chain, it's so stringy that as I would spin the rear tire around it would produce this spider web type string crap that would get on the side-wall of the tire and just all over the place.

I think I'm going to ditch the black label stuff, clean the chain and surrounding area with WD-40 and the use some different lube that hopefully goes on clearer/cleaner and won't spray all over the place.
I was recommended PJ1-Blue with my last bike... love it... works fabulously. Spray it on after the bike's been ridden a while, let it absorb, then wrap a paper towel around the chain as you spin the tire to clean the excess. No stringiness, no fly-off.

I'd use some Motul chain *cleaner* to get the other stuff off...

I think Black is for standard chains, and Blue for O-Ring (which we have).

Last edited:

Z3roFlaw

I was recommended PJ1-Blue with my last bike... love it... works fabulously. Spray it on after the bike's been ridden a while, let it absorb, then wrap a paper towel around the chain as you spin the tire to clean the excess. No stringiness, no fly-off.

I'd use some Motul chain *cleaner* to get the other stuff off...

I think Black is for standard chains, and Blue for O-Ring (which we have).
Black says its o-ring safe too.

I did some digging around on the forum and google and I think I'm going to try PJ1 Blue to replace the black crap. I think I need to invest in a nice grunge brush for the chain too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Detrich

Rossi will be back on top! (eventually)

:)

I want the Elements helmet next. Speaking of which, has anyone ever tried X Lite helmets and how they fit?

SOB. Same helmet. :disapprove::disapprove:

flyingminno

Took off the seat and sent it on its way to be worked on (Spencers Mod) and took off a couple links in my chain and going to put a new master link. Also going to bleed the brakes and sync the throttle bodies! Fhew busy day haha!

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

flyingminno

That does sound like a busy, productive day! I gave my 6R's seat the Spencer treatment and like it a lot. I'm probably going to send my ST3's seat to him this winter as well. Great value; especially considering what a Sargent seat costs. :eek:
Yeah it definitely is good value! Though I am bummed I am without a seat for the next week and a half to two weeks, but I am using the time to do all the maintenance that needs to be done!

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

pfcreed

Went for a hour ride in the dark to see how the stock lights looked, got my carbon fiber gas cap, and tank pad in the mail. :( but i dont have any alcohol to clean the tank with I wonder can I use windex and Im think about doing a red camo painted windscreen.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member
Last edited:

bleedinblue

Elite Member

surfcycle

4,000 mies and counting!

Got my 4k mile service taken care of. Maybe it's my imagination but she rides like she really appreciated it (new oil, filter, chain cleaned, cables lubed, etc...). Saved enough $ to order Protons flushmounts as a reward. (Yes, I am the slowest 'modder' on here it seems...4,000 miles and still haven't been able to get to do a proper FE or turn signal change yet! Ha!)

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Z3roFlaw

Got my bike serviced for the 600 mile mark and then had a Juice Box Pro and TBR Black Carbon installed. Sounds awesome but it's REALLY loud compared to stock. I just hope it doesn't draw too much attention. I wanted to be louder for multiple reasons but I hope it doesn't attract the 5-0, po-po etc.

I'm current using the P1 silencer it came with but I think I'm going to try the PX1 and see how that sounds. Maybe it will just take some getting used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rookasaki

Got my bike serviced for the 600 mile mark and then had a Juice Box Pro and TBR Black Carbon installed. Sounds awesome but it's REALLY loud compared to stock. I just hope it doesn't draw too much attention. I wanted to be louder for multiple reasons but I hope it doesn't attract the 5-0, po-po etc.

I'm current using the P1 silencer it came with but I think I'm going to try the PX1 and see how that sounds. Maybe it will just take some getting used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here... Pic's and vid to follow on another thread.