What did you do to your bike today?

buzzbomb

Elite Member

ksgoh88

Replaced my semi-broken throttle cable I messed up while installing the Apex clip-ons.

Broken cable:

LS6TT

Added zx mirrors and flush front signals

The rubber looks funny with the zx mirrors, might have to make some modifications, and the view I can tell will take some getting use to, no more seeing behind me.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

FZ6RCA

Rode my girl to work :) put her in my Office :) Coverd her up. Worked :(
then uncoverd her and rode her home :) The begining of the day and the end of the day were the best part :p

miketriebsch

So I took the bike to bike night in Jacksonville and met this guy who's going to change the springs in the front forks to stiffer springs on my bike. Has anyone else done this yet? We all know that there's to much play in the front ends.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member
Last edited:

fltdriver

Almost rode up the backside of an Explorer yesterday. Sitting at a red light with an Explorer in front of me and some kind of Dodge pickup behind. When all of a sudden I catch movement in my mirror. Had been sitting for over a minute so everyone was stationary. I gunned it towards my excape path thinking the Dodge was lurching forward. Made it past the Explorer with no room to spare and saw two kids (~10yo) standing where I had been waiting at the stoplight. Don't know how they got there or what they were doing but they scared the crap out of me. I circled the block to chew them out but they had vanished by the time I got back around to the light. My heart was racing, just glad there was minimal oncoming traffic and no cops around, that would have been embarassing "Well officer, I thought they were gonna run me over"
:don'tknow:

Wooster

Well I installed my Rumble Concepts flush mount turn signals this morning. Left side went on with no probelm. The right side I messed up on though. I ended up tightening the plastic nut too tight on the plastic bolt and the bolt broke off. Now I have nothing to secure the light to the bike with.

I might call Rumble concepts tomorrow and see if they are willing to replace it, but I'm not holding my breath. Other than that I see no other way of securing it on there besided glueing the bitch on.

If anybody has any other ideas, feel free to shoot them my way. I will say they look great, but boy are they made of some cheap plastic.

Attachments

Chrisaphix

Well it was yeasterday but I got my black FZ6R on thursday afternoon. First bike since my honda 70 ;p all yeasterday I road it around town with my buddy and his R1 and even took it on the highway 2 times and then took it to a abandoned parking lot and practiced some manuvers so I can ace my msf class when I take it. then drove around a little more and parked it in my kitchen where I proceeded to wax it and drink a 6 pack of shock top Lemon shadys :p it was a very awsome day though and even got a little tan

DakinechicK

I rode him 350 miles yesterday. Then, I went to a parking lot and practiced my slow speed right turns as I almost dropped him at Village Inn last night. I was overheated and exhausted from the day but didn't want to get it in my head that it was something else. Stupid SS bike not treating me well after I gave him LOVE all freaking day! :rolleyes: That's about right.

Detrich

Got 4k mile service, got GPR steering dampener installed, got new Q2's, and helped teach a female friend how to ride the freeway on her Ninja 250 for the first time... She went 50mph and cars were passing us like mad. But, we created a perimeter for her to feel safe & get her feet wet... lol

RooKie

Went for a ride on the twisties for the first time! Super exciting. I must have gone super early since I didn't see any other riders until the time I was heading out.

I was able to get some really good lean and decent speeds (or at least I think I was... never seen anyone in person riding twisties) but got a bit carried away in a hairpin turn and ran into the side of the hills :( I kept my cool and was able to regain control to swerve back into the road. At first glance I didn't see any damage on the bike, but later on I found that my rear rim was scraped and my brand-new reflective tape was turn up :(

Felt upset that I damaged my bike, but at the same time like a frikin BOSS for keeping my cool and pulling off a pretty good save. :thumbup: Live and learn.

Anyways, here are some pics of my bike BEFORE things got crazy, haha.

Attachments