What did you do to your bike today?

JonKerr

Elite Member

RooKie

Had new Shinko 009 raven tires installed (180/55ZR-17 & 120/70ZR-17). Washed it and then finished off by cleaning and lubing the chain. The new tires look amazing and i'll post pics after i get the new reflective wheel stripes on. :D

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Mr Citrus

There was a Mongol funeral ride that I ended up stuck in the middle of on highway 94 that the SWAT team was out for about 8 months or so ago. We have a lot of outlaw MC's around here. Just one of the things, as a motorcycle rider, you should just keep an eye out for. They don't like sportbike riders and if you find yourself stuck behind a group, just hang or let them pull away. Don't go blasting past them.
I saw the Mongols out here just last week! I was pulling into a burger place to grab some lunch, and saw them standing outside.
I turned around and went to a taco joint. :eek:

buzzbomb

Elite Member

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

fltdriver

So.... While I was hanging out in front of Barnes And Nobles, drinking my Latte and enjoying a cigarette
Um, not to be judging based on your "neck of the woods" (I'm from Iowa with no room to talk) but this just doesn't sound like something you would here coming out of the mouth of any southerner.

I put close to 250 miles on yesterday riding with a coworker with a FZ1 and his buddy that has a mid 80"s Harley. We spent the whole day passing the HD then smoking a cig on the side of the rode waiting for him to catch up. As we were on the last 20 miles of the ride we had a city cop pull out in front of us and my coworker almost layed his FZ1 down, the cop apologized and said he didn't even see us coming.

Last edited:

iSpoolin

Rode to work today!

Andy

Performed 600 mile service tonight with Yamaha sport II oil change kit. $82.42 :eek: Next time I will only have to buy 2 quarts and filter, kit came with 4 quarts.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

iSpoolin

I got alot of posting to catch up on!

Almost died Day before yesterday on my way home from work. When I left work I turned left, followed the road to the first stop light. Honda CRV full of teenagers pulls up behind me, I see them looking at me, pointing, oohh ahhhing at my bike and all that usual jazz you get from kids that age. We go through two more stop lights and they are still behind me. I hear yelling all the sudden, Look in my mirror don't see anything. Then I hear a beep, look in my mirror again and realize it's the teens yelling at me. So I get off my bike (this lights on a 5 minute timer at rush hour, yes it sucks) and go back to the car, ask the driver what he wanted, He says they want me to do a wheelie, Of course I'm not dumb enough to do that in the middle of traffic at rush hour LOL, so I just said sorry bud not today and went back to my bike and waited the light out. I make my left turn, they follow suit, I'm behind two other cars, then it's the kids behind me still coming down a hill in a 45 MPH zone, theres a turn off at the bottom of the hill, the car in front signals they are going to turn so they signal. I slow and so does the car in front of me, but the kids don't see it, I hear screaching tires and use my escape route to the left of the car in front of me and evade the situation. I look back and see the kids stopped about 3 inches from the car that was in front of me's bumper! :eek:

fltdriver

Got off work and grabbed some McD's before the 20+ mile ride home. After eating I'm standing outside smoking a cig when some old lady gets out of an SUV and says "You know those things will kill you, don't you?"

I looked at the bike, then my cig, then the coffee I was drinking. "Which one?"

She stopped dead in her tracks, starts laughing soo hard I thought she was gonna die and says "I'm not sure" as she continues on into the restaurant.

SpawnXX

Premium Member

Captcha

This is where I say hopefully buying it!!!!

I found a 09 yellow in my area with 1300 miles for 5199$. Going up there after work and making a cash offer of 4700$ as long as it seems worth it. It's at a Yamaha dealership so I'm gonna ask to see service records and the like.

If bought it will be brought home and sit for about two weeks while I put my special touch on the fairings and order some parts. I will make a build thread with before an afters. Excited!

Hopefully all goes well tonight!

buzzbomb

Elite Member