What did you do to your bike today?

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

iSpoolin

Got a new set of Dunlop Q2's mounted, my CF heel guards mounted, changed her oil, and renewed the insurance for this year. IT'S ALMOST RIDING SEASON AGAIN! :D

Spunky99

Got a new set of Dunlop Q2's mounted, my CF heel guards mounted, changed her oil, and renewed the insurance for this year. IT'S ALMOST RIDING SEASON AGAIN! :D
Mine are on the way and due to arrive on 02/20/12.
Have you ridden on them yet?

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

iSpoolin

Mine are on the way and due to arrive on 02/20/12.
Have you ridden on them yet?
I have not, however they have great reviews so I figured they were worth a shot, especially at 190$ a set!

Hethrir

New tires, Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's. Puig Fender eliminator and an integrated break light/turn signal all got put in this last few days. Next up: Speedo healer!

b_who

New tires, Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's. Puig Fender eliminator and an integrated break light/turn signal all got put in this last few days. Next up: Speedo healer!
Carefull on those michelins, there really sliperry the 1st 200 miles.

Spunky99

I have not, however they have great reviews so I figured they were worth a shot, especially at 190$ a set!
WTF?
Where did you get them for that price?
I paid $278 for the pair. The front is the same size as the FZ6R and was 109 alone.

Jeeeeezzzz

BTW: They came in today so I'll be mounting them tomorrow morning. It'll be real fun mounting the 190/55....LOL

Spunky99

Carefull on those michelins, there really sliperry the 1st 200 miles.
So were the Metzler Sportec M5 Interact......The rear tire had no grip when I braked and the front slid out like it was greased when I totaled my FZ6R.

TXYamahawk

This is a combination of today and the other day. Added the yamaha windshield, fender eliminator, integrated tail light, front spoon turn signals, and some accent turn signals in the front.

All in all, it was simple as pie. Turn signals were actually the hardest part as they weren't plug in go and required some electrical work.

I keep fiddling around with this bike and I have a feeling it's only going to get worse....

Attachments

Last edited:

JonKerr

Elite Member

iSpoolin

WTF?
Where did you get them for that price?
I paid $278 for the pair. The front is the same size as the FZ6R and was 109 alone.

Jeeeeezzzz

BTW: They came in today so I'll be mounting them tomorrow morning. It'll be real fun mounting the 190/55....LOL
Ridersdiscount, TJ is the man when it comes to pricing LOL Is your rear a 180 or 190? mines a 180. and STG sells them for 218 shipped all day everyday lol and for a 190 set its still only 229 shipped from STG

Dunlop Sportmax Q2 Motorcycle Tires - Z-Rated - Package Specials from SportbikeTrackGear.com

KeysRider3

Took the day off from painting (the house) and spent the morning on the road. Traffic between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale was an insane 90-95 mph! I only kept pace because I didn't want to get hit from behind!!

TokenSSDD

Super sweet. Can we hear how it sounds?
I'll give it a shot tonight. There's some videos on Youtube but they honestly do not do it justice.

nucmedman63

did oil change ,new K&N air filter, chain and sprockets put 17000 miles on it over the past year year round riding here weather been in the 70s

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

Spunky99

Mounted and balanced the new front tire, painted the rim and cleaned everything up front.