What did you do to your bike today?

behindXgrnXeyes

well NJ...but yes... West Palm to the Auto Train in Sanford, itll drop me off next day in VA then I'll continue the ride to cape may-lewes ferry out of DE.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Rookasaki

I love mine, I have a different model and its just a nice peace of mind. I also think its a light deterrent from idiots to sit on it or anything cuz it will give warning beeps before it goes off. I had to park it in a apartment parking lot for the first....6 months plus of owning the bike and it just offered a small percentage that it was "safer" I know, I know someone could just pick it up, blaring away and put it inthe truck anyway, still blaring..but i at least hope someone would hear it going off and call it in, lol
I agree with you. I park my girl right in front of my complex. It's honestly the best security baring you don't have a garage or thick chain/lock. It's great when you're on the road, hotel, lunch etc... Just slap the lock on and your good. Yes, if one really wanted your bike, they could pick it up and haul it off. But that takes time, and more then one person... If they go through all that trouble and make off with my bike, hell, more power to them... I'll just buy a new one.. (There are many 6R's out there, but this one is mine, God help them if I catch them... My .40cal and me flashing my badge should make them pee their pants!) :cool:

To Killabee: I haven't had the lock long enough to give an honest review. It feels solid, well made etc.. I'm glad I got the product so far. I'll let you know when winter is here ;)

I'm pretty close to the road/sidewalk. I get a lot of foot traffic!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

behindXgrnXeyes

oh i thought we were actually going to GO to bike fest since you mentioned that would be the weekend to go...otherwise we can do whenever, it doesnt have to be bikefest

bobski

Just took my blue baby out for an hour and a half ride. Rode through tree lined canyon roads, lofty hillsides with mountain and lake views, past orchards and vinyards and wineries (check out Mission Hill Estate Winery, Kelowna). What a treat to live here with all this great riding right outside my door! :)

Rookasaki

Washed the girl...

Then found out that the wind screen screws are plastic. Broke the tip off of one of them... When trying to remove the broken screw I popped out the insert (or whatever you call it) So, I had to remove three plastic pieces so I could pop it back in. Why would they use plastic screws? :shakehead:

ajskillz13

Why would they use plastic screws? :shakehead:
So that the shield breaks away in one whole piece in an accident. It prevents shattering that could make deadly sharp plastic pieces.

Sage

So that the shield breaks away in one whole piece in an accident. It prevents shattering that could make deadly sharp plastic pieces.
They could at least make them more durable, I cannot remove my screen because 4 or 5 of them are stripped because they were put on too tight at the factory...

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Rookasaki

They could at least make them more durable, I cannot remove my screen because 4 or 5 of them are stripped because they were put on too tight at the factory...
Yes, they strip way to easy... At least make the tips metal or aluminum.

Sparkxx1

Today I installed my givi v46 :D maybe I'll post pictures after a good wash. After commuting for 3 weeks she's filthy. I'm also going to tint the windshield with:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/VHT-SP999-Nite-Shades-Cover-Translucent/dp/B000CPCRS6/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1316050990&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: VHT SP999 Nite-Shades Lens Cover Tint Translucent Black Paint Can - 10 oz.: Automotive[/ame]

looks like really decent reviews :D

tonyjr82

Decided that it was time to start using my bike for the long commute to work. 72 miles each way. Not the most comfortable ride but the savings make it worth it.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member