What did you do to your bike today?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

flyingminno

Glad you are back out riding. I'm curious to know more about those Michelin Road 3 tires please give us an update once you have some mileage on them. I have been looking for new tires and so many opinions and choices, i must admit I am a little confused
Well I've got a little over 1,000 miles on them so far. About 800 of which have been on long highway rides and I have to say, they are a step up from the Dunlop RoadSmarts for sure. The ride is smoother yet I get more feedback from the tires.

The rest of those miles have been on streets or mountain roads and here too they feel much better than the Dunlops. I get less of those squirrely moments on the tire snakes and painted surfaces and up in the mountains today I felt more planted and confident on these than I had on the past 2 sets of Dunlops.

There is an increase of tire noise due to the front tire's sipes but its minor. So I give it a big thumps up as an all rounder thus far.

Spunky99

Fixed the front wheel bearing issue, installed all the plastics and got her back together 100%.
Rode up the freeway to LAX and back, over to O'Reilly's and got a new 1157 bulb for the rear and some spare fuses and small tools to fit in the back. Rode to the mall, stopped for dinner and then to my ex's house to show my son. The ex just shook her head.
She said am I nuts and am I trying to kill myself? I said, same weight and double the HP and torque will do a better job than the last bike.....(FZ6R).

Now I have to re-mount the air intake on the right side as it came out while I was screwing with the fairing and I don't want to have to pull the tank. Also I have a horrible flat spot with sputters coming off the line in 1st gear from a stop. Not a very big to do list for a bike risen from the dead. Gonna hook up the laptop and see whats going on. So far she runs nice and cool.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

WhiteFZ

I dropped my wife's FZ this morning. Was stopped in front of my friend's house, idling, in gear, but clutch was disengaged. Had a brain fart and let out the clucth bike jumped but I was too slow to catch it. I tried to keep it up, but the FZ is a pig. lol Anyway...very very light damage. Pics of the damage.

Attachments

Spunky99

I replaced one cracked shift ball joint rubber bootand greased both ball joints. Replaced the rear cowl bolts with the correct Triumph ones and installed the rear cowl flanges that were missing.

djf18374

Took a last shot before sending it to sleep for the winter time...
Is that your gas lock flippy flappy hangin up in the air for all the world to see?? Tisk tisk :p haha just kidding around, good lookin bike! I like the red seat and black cowl :D

Spunky99

I used the factory touch up kit that I bought and fixed the paint chips in the tank and rear cowl. From 3 feet, it looks brand new now.
Not bad for a 12.5 year old bike.

:zombie:

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

frelay

Is that your gas lock flippy flappy hangin up in the air for all the world to see?? Tisk tisk :p haha just kidding around, good lookin bike! I like the red seat and black cowl :D
Good eye! :D I took the picture right after I added the gaz treatment for the winter time, The red seat is always an eye catcher everywhere I go. The mono seat is accentuated by the cowl. I find it gives the bike a sportier look. :Sport:

Spunky99

I loaded a new map into my ECU that matched my bike model/year/air cleaner/exhaust and done by a really excellent tuner on a dyno for another guy who has the excact bike I do..
The bike started, idled a lot more smooth and revs a lot quicker.

The map was very close to the old one but so much more refined.
I can hardly wait to ride the bike tomorrow.

Here is the dyno result I should see.

Compare that to a 600 class bike....like the FZ6R......I know what your thinking and I agree...I'll never use the power I have...LOL...

Last edited:

iSpoolin

I kinda forgot we had this thread LOL
Saturday I removed my rearsets, Barends, Kickstand, and passenger pegs and sent them off to the powdercoater. Should be back by the end of this week! I'm hoping for saturday so that I can go put them on sunday :)

I loaded a new map into my ECU that matched my bike model/year/air cleaner/exhaust and done by a really excellent tuner on a dyno for another guy who has the excact bike I do..
The bike started, idled a lot more smooth and revs a lot quicker.

The map was very close to the old one but so much more refined.
I can hardly wait to ride the bike tomorrow.

Here is the dyno result I should see.

Compare that to a 600 class bike....like the FZ6R......I know what your thinking and I agree...I'll never use the power I have...LOL...
Damn, I expected the 995 to make more power. That's the same power my 675 makes (Horsepower wise, I have less torque) :rolleyes:

Also, are those D3 grips comfortable to ride with Spunky? My brother got them for me for christmas, but i've grown to love the stockers :lol:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member