What brand brake lines?

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Wooster

flyingminno

I actually got my steel braided lines at a place that specializes in aircraft and racing application! For the front, it was $37 and rear was $21. Its a local place out here for me, but here is the website in case you can search for something similar near you index

CrazyCawi

I have spiegler and love em

richierich781

I actually got my steel braided lines at a place that specializes in aircraft and racing application! For the front, it was $37 and rear was $21. Its a local place out here for me, but here is the website in case you can search for something similar near you index
any lock ups on the rear breaks, I've seen it posted a couple of times that changing the rear break lines will cause lock ups.

CrazyCawi

any lock ups on the rear breaks, I've seen it posted a couple of times that changing the rear break lines will cause lock ups.
they are more sensative yes....lockups no....its all pressure control. Your going from a standard line to half way between standard and racing lines....

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

richierich781

CrazyCawi

i dont think it WILL cause lockups but it will make it easier to do im sure... but i mean if you get used to it im sure its easy not to... i still don't recommend changing them though unless you really wanna. i mean why pay money to risk a wreck???
or how about you learn how to use them effectively and it prevents a wreck?

Glass half full young padawan.

flyingminno

Not any more than I had with regular hoses. If you ride around like an idiot hammering the rear brake, of course its going to lock. But with the steel braided it is just more sensitive, and less pressure is required to come to a stop. Its not like flirting with a crash by installing them, just means my response time from applying a small amount of pressure to the bike slowing is minimized.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

jman

Man 37 for fronts is cheap! Ill have to look into that. The ones I was lookin at were $110! I'll check into some of the others too. Thanks! I think I'm doing just fronts for now.

TokenSSDD

S

SkyOrDie

Very cool. I could make it to Ontario as well. Were they twin lines all the way to the master cylinder? Sheathed in plastic? New banjo bolt and washers?

Thanks,
Stan

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

flyingminno

Very cool. I could make it to Ontario as well. Were they twin lines all the way to the master cylinder? Sheathed in plastic? New banjo bolt and washers?

Thanks,
Stan
If you look at your brake lines, the line from the left side of the bike crosses the fender and bolts to the right side, then from there it goes up to the master cylinder. Basically with that place you take off your brake lines and bring them in, then they make you a steel braided set with the same dimensions and turns. Yes they are sheathed in plastic but you can get them without if you so desire, but the lines and washers are all you get.