Went down today

Super_Sonic

This morning i lowsided into a curb at 45mph because i hit a reflector puck while turning

luckily i didnt hit the curb so i got away with scratches and bruises

called my insurance and had them tow it to a shop for estimates

when i looked over my bike at the damages
i realize that what hit the curb at 45mph what the stator casing then the stator itself

my question is, and probably answered, it bent the crankshaft didn't it?
motor won't budge (turn over), so it's a sign to me

Attachments

FastFreddy

I'm glad you're ok.

It wouldn't have bent the crankshaft, more likely that the broken parts are locked on to other parts that lock onto it.

This morning i lowsided into a curb at 45mph because i hit a reflector puck while turning

luckily i didnt hit the curb so i got away with scratches and bruises

called my insurance and had them tow it to a shop for estimates

when i looked over my bike at the damages
i realize that what hit the curb at 45mph what the stator casing then the stator itself

my question is, and probably answered, it bent the crankshaft didn't it?
motor won't budge (turn over), so it's a sign to me
Dude... You are lucky to walk out of that with only scrapes and bruises. A family friend's son lowsided his GSXR into a curb years ago. He was rushed to the ER for multiple fractures, road rash, etc etc. Be glad you are lucky and learn from it :)

Hope you can just replace the bike itself if it is totaled. Not worth the headaches for pieces of debris floating in the engine if they can repair it.

Glad you're alright dude. Don't forget, its just an object. Insurance will probably total it, its difficult for them to guarantee repairs on bikes when any little thing could be slightly bent or floating around and "cause" you to crash. Liability for them.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

defiant26

Glad your ok.

Fizzer6R

sorry to hear, great it wasn't worse.

w/the the ding on the tank, depending on the engine I'd say yeah prob. total it out

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Great that you're ok!
Learn from it & be prepared to say goodbye to your ride. But just means you can (in time) consider another moto(?).

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Super_Sonic

i will get another bike, im sure it's going to be totaled, there's alot of damage on it, and the kbb on my bike isn't worth much (10k miles) so there's only so much they can do

considering it's at the dealer i bought it from, the parts are almost double of what's offered online

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Super_Sonic

got a call from my shop just now the damages are over $9500 and i bought the bike for $7500

im sure it's going to be totaled and scraped

got a call from my shop just now the damages are over $9500 and i bought the bike for $7500

im sure it's going to be totaled and scraped
Yea that's what I figured. Was it paid off? Did insurance say what they're giving you for it?

Fizzer6R

so what's the replacement going to be? :D