Low-sided tonight...

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Cerebus

Frank, I got some time next week (not a ton, but some) before I start packing my classroom for the next school year. Lemme know if you want me to come up and help you with anything.

Looks like she's mechanically fine for the most part thankfully. If you wanted, we could strip her front fairings off and you could ride her streetfighter while you collect replacement parts.
Thanks Matt, I'll probably take you up on this. I'm dropping it at Rob's place tonight (the guy with the Triumph Scrambler that rode with us). He's got garage space, which I don't, plus he's a mechanical genius. :) I think the only thing I need to do to make it road worthy is replace the bar and mirror. Dealer is closed today, so I'll call first thing tomorrow. I'd be more than fine yanking the plastic until I get all the pieces to put her back together.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

zcypher

thank you for posting this. i'm a new rider and always enjoy reading about unexpected things i should try to anticipate. it's crazy how much is out there that can trip up even the most experienced riders, sometimes you just can't see it, but it's there and can take you down! Scary.. but glad you turned out alright !

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

ajones70

Easier to replace fairings than bone. Glad your ok and was wearing all the right gear. Good luck getting your bike back on the road.

Cerebus

OK, dropped the bike at a mechanic friend's house tonight. He took a piece of pipe and bent the handlebar straight and took it for a spin. Everything looks good he said. Forks, wheels, tires, everything is straight. The replacement bar and mirror should be here by Friday, so I hope to be back on the road this weekend. Then it's just replacing pieces of plastic as I desire.

And I just discovered something interesting. Even though my jeans held up, my underwear, where I slid on my *** cheek ...melted. I couldn't believe it when I took them out of the dryer. :D

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

BKP

This must be the sign of a bored mechanic. :D Is there anything I should do while it's this apart?
Cool... 6R Streetfighter...

ksanbon

Frank,
Thanks for sharing...a good reminder for us all to not take anything for granted out there.