Transistions SOLFX Photochromic -Bell olny Visors

Anybody else that has had the bell Transitions shield for a while ever think its becoming less effective?

I've had mine for a couple of months now and it just doesn't seem as dark, and I'm spending more effort blocking the sun on my way home from work in the evening than I used to. I've been cleaning it with 70% alcohol and a lint-free microfiber cloth, I hope I'm not somehow breaking down something that makes it work.

your supposed to use water. Alchohol will damage it. Says on the instructions, your not even supposed to use glass cleaner on it. personally mine was never less effective. It transitions based on the amount of light and 90% of the time it was blacked out. then cloudy overcast days it was right in the middle for tint

your supposed to use water. Alchohol will damage it. Says on the instructions, your not even supposed to use glass cleaner on it. personally mine was never less effective. It transitions based on the amount of light and 90% of the time it was blacked out. then cloudy overcast days it was right in the middle for tint

Well, balls. What kinda dude reads those instructions anyway? :justkidding:

Guess I'll quit using alcohol on it then...

My glasses have the transitions technology on em and they are about 4 years old and they still turn pretty dark. so assuming its the same tech, you shouldnt worry for years.

Back