Transistions SOLFX Photochromic -Bell olny Visors

JSP

Super Moderator
Those visors are sick! Wish they had them for other brands... Not sure why Bell is the only one.? Patent? Its a great idea and would be a super hot item I would think. I would for sure have one.

onegin

This makes me want to buy a $600 helmet lol! When are we gonna get these for HJCs?

motoguy82

I probably just should have gotten one of these instead of a dark shield. I just had a problem paying over half of what I paid for the helmet just for a shield. Plus some of the shields I had before would scratch fairly easily when cleaning them and I didn't want to scratch that expensive of a lense....but I haven't scratched either of the regular bell ones I have. Definitely the next shield I'll get though.

CrazyCawi

This makes me want to buy a $600 helmet lol! When are we gonna get these for HJCs?
why dont you just buy the bell vorex for $99 and buy the visor for $99 and then you have 10x the helmet of the hjc and only spent $200?

Id never buy anything but bell IMO BUUUUUT I do like the graphics on alot of the AGV helmets

As for scratching, Ive had mine since I started riding a year ago and this bad boy hasnt scratched AT ALL. its not a tint film or a coated layer....its built in just like your standard eye glasses.

ajskillz13

why dont you just buy the bell vorex for $99 and buy the visor for $99 and then you have 10x the helmet of the hjc and only spent $200?

Id never buy anything but bell IMO BUUUUUT I do like the graphics on alot of the AGV helmets

As for scratching, Ive had mine since I started riding a year ago and this bad boy hasnt scratched AT ALL. its not a tint film or a coated layer....its built in just like your standard eye glasses.
DITTO!

I got the Bell Vortex, but it's also nice to know that if I graduate to an RS-1 or a Star (unlikely), I'll be able to still use the same shield.

I also have had no scratching problems. I just take a wet microfiber cloth to it to clean bugs off.

iSpoolin

DITTO!

I got the Bell Vortex, but it's also nice to know that if I graduate to an RS-1 or a Star (unlikely), I'll be able to still use the same shield.

I also have had no scratching problems. I just take a wet microfiber cloth to it to clean bugs off.
How is the Vortex? I need a new helmet and i've been debating them at their price. How loud is it? Comfy? cool?

CrazyCawi

Very comfy, excellent air flow, the pads take about a week to break in but its BY FAR the best ive owned it beats every scorpion I had. Now its the only helmet I wear. SBTG has them for only $99 right now. I paid $259 for mine lol, thinking about buying another one just for back up. Its snell 2010 and dot rated so super safe bro! Cant go wrong here!

bell helmets-vortex sale

they have a whole selection of graphics combos. I has the RSD apocolypse which is bad ass! Graphics are gorgeous on it! The easy on off lense system is amazing, and the transition lense is the best ive ever used. pitch black in the day but perfect polarised visibility, at night its clear as could be! this puts oakleys helmet visors to shame lol

Last edited:

onegin

Very comfy, excellent air flow, the pads take about a week to break in but its BY FAR the best ive owned it beats every scorpion I had. Now its the only helmet I wear. SBTG has them for only $99 right now. I paid $259 for mine lol, thinking about buying another one just for back up. Its snell 2010 and dot rated so super safe bro! Cant go wrong here!

bell helmets-vortex sale

they have a whole selection of graphics combos. I has the RSD apocolypse which is bad ass! Graphics are gorgeous on it! The easy on off lense system is amazing, and the transition lense is the best ive ever used. pitch black in the day but perfect polarised visibility, at night its clear as could be! this puts oakleys helmet visors to shame lol
Err... what am I missing? The price is $179, is there a coupon for $99? I clicked ur link

AngryAnt

bell helmets-vortex sale

CC, how is the noise and weight? I know noise on helmets are relative, as they're all noisy if they have any air flow, but I really don't like my HJC very much, and have been debating on buying a new one for some time. On the highway I wear ear plugs and I can hear various pieces of it (modular) rattling or whistling. The slide down visor is the only reason I'm keeping it right now, but this might sold that problem too.

CrazyCawi

only certain graphics schemes are $99

CrazyCawi

CC, how is the noise and weight? I know noise on helmets are relative, as they're all noisy if they have any air flow, but I really don't like my HJC very much, and have been debating on buying a new one for some time. On the highway I wear ear plugs and I can hear various pieces of it (modular) rattling or whistling. The slide down visor is the only reason I'm keeping it right now, but this might sold that problem too.
I know I should, but I dont wear ear plugs while riding, and this is the quietest helmet ive owned. Weight wise feels very balanced and never gotten a sore neck from it. I have the XL and the shell seems a touch larger then most shells but Id never go back to my scorpions. My helmet doesnt have any rattle or whistle points either, and sometimes i even crack the face shield and theres no whistling, just clean air flow. Flow from all the venting is superior to my scorpion helmets, and is deffinately above average, as in I rode on a 113* heat index day with 84% humidity and the helmet did fine with no fogging or moisture issues and that was a 10 hour ride. You will be very happy with it. The only difference between it and the bell star is the weight. If you NEED ULTRA light weight, spend the extra $ but I guarantee this will quickly become your most favorite helmet!

AngryAnt

Damn it CC...

*adds yet another expensive item to the ever growing wish list*

Anybody got any experience with the Bell Arrows? They have one I like and have a cheaper version of the photo chromatic shield.

Last edited:

CrazyCawi

Its not to expensive bro :) $99 gets you a few cool schemes :)

gdh8tsu

I remember that my dad had a Bell helmet they been around forever, I like the Scorpions but the one shop I went to didnt have the Bell. HJC, Scoprion, Aria, Icon and a few others. Brother had the Scorpion so went with that then got the HJC LI-16 with the interior sun visor, but dammit I do like that bell visor but do I really need 3 helmets LOL!!

AngryAnt

Anybody else that has had the bell Transitions shield for a while ever think its becoming less effective?

I've had mine for a couple of months now and it just doesn't seem as dark, and I'm spending more effort blocking the sun on my way home from work in the evening than I used to. I've been cleaning it with 70% alcohol and a lint-free microfiber cloth, I hope I'm not somehow breaking down something that makes it work.

linkgt

If the transition visors do not make it to other brands in the next few years, my next helmet will definitely be from Bell

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member