Traded her in-FZ6R to GSXR 600

RoadTrip

Bike is loud and has too much power, lol, so glad I didn't get a 750!
Strangely the 600 is much louder than the 750, it is really a badass nasty little bike that spools up nicely. The 750 has more punch per throttle angle, and a good induction noise at speed, but real quiet at idle in comparison. I will eventually do a full write up comparison of the 2 bikes later down the road.

FastFreddy

I like the GSXR 600, they look like a sweet handling bike.
I'd prefer a 600 over the 750 personally.

I remember checking out a GSXR750 when they first came out as a young'un, they looked like they were from a sci-fi movie, the first of the modern superbikes basically with the monoshock, alloy chassis and full fairing.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Fzara2000

Strangely the 600 is much louder than the 750, it is really a badass nasty little bike that spools up nicely. The 750 has more punch per throttle angle, and a good induction noise at speed, but real quiet at idle in comparison. I will eventually do a full write up comparison of the 2 bikes later down the road.

Looking forward to it!!!

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

RoadTrip

My gixxer has 600 CC's on 1 side of the bike:cool:
Well, you're spoiled now, you gonna have to turbo that thing to move up!

Or..... What if Suzuki is planning a secret attack on the new ZX-14? 1800cc, 250-300hp, or maybe a light turbo on the current engine - it wouldn't suprise me. Now that Suzuki killed off the car division, they should be back to fighting weight (I am becoming a fan boy, can you tell?).

RoadTrip

Looking forward to it!!!
Definitely, after I finish the break in on the 750, I will run my same routes and see how she howls at the top end. But, for now, its really a very similar bike to the 600 with a bit more punch, handling is virtually the same.

I hope to be able to convey the subtle differences, which don't seem readily available on the net. Really, both bikes are very fast, and much closer to each other than the comparo dynos would suggest; but I haven't been above 8K yet, so we shall see.

I think its just going to boil down to a 10mph difference at any given RPM and gear with a bit harder pull on the 750 due to the increased torque. I loved my 600, traded it at 17K miles, cause I wanted to go black and taste a little more power. They payed off my 600, so the new 750 will have the same payments, I got no complaints, seemed like I made a good deal. One thing I will say, is a black tank gets scratches real easy, I needs my tank pad and tank grips soon!

FastFreddy

Don't pay for Dodgy Bros Inc warranties, if anything happens, they'll do nothing anyway except give a long list of excuses.

Basically dealers will have a list of add-on costs which they try and get away with, its all BS. Everything comes standard on most cars/bike, they don't do anything except charge you more for extras which are already included.

Whatever you do, don't service your bike there, sounds dodgy.