Ticket

Brock Kickass

I guess it was bound to happen. I was late for work this morning, pushing a little to get back the minute or two I wasted watching Sportcentre this morning, and I got bagged doing 120km/h in a 90km/h zone. Cop was decent, reduced it from $220 to $52.50 and no demerits. Still sucks. Bad luck lately...

JSP

Super Moderator
I'd call that GOOD luck... $50 and no demerits??? LUCKY ;)

kevin8198

Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Yeah sounds like you got a great deal on that ticket!! Seems like police are pretty cool for the most part when it comes to bikes. I was pulled over 6 times since I've been riding in '08. I was only ticketed once, and it was from a Park Ranger of all people:mad:. He must have been super bored because he got me for 34 in a 25 and there was no other cars around for miles.
Get this... The only ticket I have gotten on my bike was from a motorcycle officer haha :banghead: For 10 over... Was like a $270 ticket!

kevin8198

Elite Member

Gunn4r

The only ticket I've ever gotten was also from a Bike cop. They think they are so superior. Jerks. He had a nice Kawai though.

Harda toenail

I borrowed my brother's bike for a weekend before. Thought it was legal...
Tickets for:
No registration
No proof of insurance
Displaying different persons license plate
Not signaling correctly (I only drove down the road and didn't know the bike had no blinkers)

I will never ride another one of my brothers bikes. I always stay legal and DRIVE legal. It's money down the drain when you don't.

Brock Kickass

Can't whine too loud; he did treat me OK. Still frustrating, though. Worst part is, I never get bothered doing 30 over, and I meet a cruiser every day on the way to work. Still, lucky I wasn't just coming off passing someone or something. Could have been worse.

Reactions: JSP

CrazyCawi

I always get nervous passing a semi, because I crank it to get by em fast

last winter it was snowing hard here and I went to pass a semi who was going 40 in a 65 because of the weather, he was kicking up so much snow I couldnt see, naturally I go to pass him to get out of the tunnel of snow and BOOM cop was right there hiding under the over pass and I was STILL under the speed limit passing but he pulled me over and said I was driving to fast for the road conditions....I WAS UNDER THE SPEED LIMIT AAAAAAAHG lol I wanted to kick him in the shins for that one! Luckily he wrote a ticket, handed it to me, paused and said you know what hold on....walked back to his car, came back with a warning sheet...SOOO I did getlucky...but seriouslly I didnt have enough time to get coffee before work because of it!

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Deputyfarva252

If he had followed through and actually issued you a ticket, you probably could have successfully contested it. If you're under the speed limit than what is a "safe" speed for the conditions is subjective.
its not really subjective , too fast is too fast with snow or ice if your doing 55 its too fast ......I dont have a radar but thats a ticket I can write simply through my experience as a driver , also if its raining and your trying to 70 mph through the 70mph zone , im stopping you and we are going to have a talk at least. Ive seen too many accidents caused by people trying to do the speed limit in bad weather .....ok off my soap box lol ...

I was lucky when I did have my bike i was never stopped for speeding

DragonBlu

I've been riding street bikes 45+ years and never gotten a ticket on a bike. NOW THAT'S LUCK. :thumbup: Lost my license three times with those damn cars. Of course I blame it on the cars. :)

Spunky99

I've gotten two tickets on a motorcycle in 44 years of riding.
1st in Newport Beach after buying a CB 350 and passed on the right instead of splitting lanes. Just didn't know any better. The other was on Oahu.
Doing about 125mph+ up hwy2 with a passenger on the back and got pulled over on my 1968 BSA 650 Lightning. Cop couldn't believe the bike was that fast especially with a passenger on it (and it was the only one on the whole island) so he gave me a ticket for the tail light being out. A fix it ticket.....:D
Shaka Bro, mahalo

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

Spunky99

Does "on the right" mean on the shoulder? Otherwise it's legal to pass on the right here as far as I know. Passing on the shoulder not so much..
"On the right" on a two lane Pacific Coast Highway meant "on the shoulder".
I was a idiot and thought it would be safer. The motorcycle cop clued me into lots of things I could do on a motorcycle that day. Still remember the way he looked and his kind voice educating me on the best way to get from point to point b on a bike. Was 1972....

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member
Last edited: