Those that had gargage, driveway tip overs

Nmexico

My bike is all fixed up cosmetic wise from the shop from my tip over. I am only concerned that the bike is misaligned. The mechanic who has over 20 years exp says its perfect but it feels like its leaning left by .5 of and inch or so. But I will say it might all be in my head. You know when something tips over like a motorcycle it pops in your head it must be misaligned so its a placebo thing.

The shop owner said there is a part that holds everything in the middle that can be replaced if you insist on getting it right but its 399 and 2 hrs labor for 600 bucks plus tax. He says don't do it.

So my question is how many people simply had a garage or driveway tip over and had the bike misaligned?

RedRider

Never heard of something like that from dropping a bike. I dropped mine a month in, once on each side, and it rides fine as far as I can tell. The shop didn't mention anything to me when I got its first service done. Your shop may be trying to bleed more money out of you since you dropped so much money into getting it fixed.

Nmexico

No, the shop is telling me don't do it. Its hard to describe. Its like the bike rides straight completely but the dash is leaning left but the gauges are completely centered. It could be just a mental thing with me or not. I will try to take a pic of me on the bike completely centered on a flat level tomorrow.

Last edited:

lytehouse

Super Moderator
I know where you're coming from....my husband knocked over my FZ1 in the garage which required new bars!
Well ever since they got replaced, it just doesn't feel quite right....it feels as if my left arm is extended more than my right.
But rather than dink with it more, it's just something I decided to deal with.

Nmexico

Looks Ok? Thats how it looks on a flat ground and just centering it. But riding it the dash is not centered like that going straight. It tilts left by a tiny tiny tiny bit. Maybe I never noticed it before my tipover. I'll just live with it.

RooKie

If you're really tripping up about something being 1/2 inch off, then you may as well take the fairings off and try to align it yourself.

I had to have my bike taken to the shop for major repairs twice, and both times it got back to me with controls out of line and fairings not quite aligned the way they were right off the show-room floor.

If you do it yourself you can keep going at it until you're satisfied and you'll also become more acquainted with your motorcycle, which is a beautiful thing.

The most important thing is that your ride performs as expected.

Good luck and be safe.

latony007

Seems hard to imagine it could be out from just dropping it and not crashing it. Are you sure its not just the dash plastics that are a little cockeyed? Id have someone else like a buddy or something ride it and see what they think.

Nmexico

I got to get over this sh@t of fixing up every little thing up on my motorcycles and bicycles. Its costing a bucket of money keep things like new. I treat my bikes better than my folks shame to say! Money wise that is.

Last edited:

latony007

I got to get over this sh@t of fixing up every little thing up on my motorcycles and bicycles. Its costing a bucket of money keep things like new. I treat my bikes better than my folks shame to say! Money wise that is.
LOL we told you not to do it :)
Now imagine if you drop it again how pissed your going to be!
Maybe there is another rider in NM close enough that you can try each others and see if yours really has a problem or not. Any volunteers? :)
You can check mine out if you want to drive out to L.a. !