The Walking Dead TV series on AMC

tatty2012

Jay, I have to say, I wish the series was closer set to the comics. Yes, I have finally read them and am keeping up on the new ones.

The last couple of episodes didn't thrill me that much, TBH. Unlike the last few episodes where there was quite a bit more action.. These last couple just seemed really slow...

BKP

Wow... Rick really lost it last night... didn't he?
I guess he didn't share our sentiments about Lori being a PITA...

Although, I thought it was a little goofy having the walker lying there with the extended abdomen, after his Lori l'orange buffet...

SpawnXX

Premium Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

tzrox

Just caught up on the last episode. I though the Lori being eaten part was too much of a stretch. Since when have zombies completely eaten someone, skull included...

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

BKP

I understand the attempted suspense... unless you were familiar with the story (my son's a comic book addict, and I get a play by play *prior* to each show).
So, even though Lori's demise was configured a bit differently in the original story (a gunshot was the cause of death, as opposed to a non-anesthetized Cesarean), her departure was inevitable (thank you Hollywood for not straying too far on that count).

So, knowing she was gone somewhat mitigated the suspense. And, then seeing that overstuffed zombie lying there, like a drunken Wal-Mart party crasher, with that bit of hair trailing from his mouth... well... that image, along with the implicit fate of the Lori character being eaten -- apparently *completely* consumed... I couldn't help but bust out laughing...

Although, it *really* would have been a knee-slapper if they kept Shane around long enough to play the gluttonous zombie... The symbolism would have kept me in stitches for a week...

Last edited:

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

tatty2012

Thank God it's not too long a wait! Good season so far. Much better than season 3, or Farmville as I call it.

I'm reading through the comics finally while I wait for the show's return. Awesome so far, but much different character development than the show.
I think you meant Season 2, but I understood!

Still, February is long time for me. I'll be honest, I've had my up and downs with this season.

Edit: I've read all the comics so far, waiting for the next issue, December 12!

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

BoneJj

I just caught up on season 3 over the last couple days. It certainly is a good series.

BoneJj

It's rather bizarre to post first here, but I thought this was a perfect thread for this forum.

A bike is a great vehicle in a zombie apocalypse setting. It uses less resources, is nimble, fast, and an FZ6R doesn't make the same zombie attracting noise as Daryl's bike.

My first bike gets delivered tomorrow, and I suspect I'm going to be totally entertained thinking about a zombie apocalypse when the road is empty.

:zombie::zombie::zombie::Sport:
lol, I always thought about that during the show. The bike that they have on there is super loud. Those ape hangers he has on there are fail too.

SpawnXX

Premium Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

BoneJj

Only good bike during the apoc would be a motard or offroad. Try riding around in the grass sometime with your street cycle. :zombie: Snack Incoming! Also... I'd rather have a raised truck than any vehicle... riding into or through a herd on a bike would be another "Glorified Ways to Die"
XT250 or DR650SE FTW!

moreno12

Thanks guys i start washing the the show on Netflix and saw season 1 and 2 in 2 days is awesome cant wait to start washing 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk