The Walking Dead TV series on AMC

Woodbury (Senoia) Filming site

Took a trip down to Senoia, Ga., today... Played around in "Woodbury" and a few of the sites they filmed at... they were filming right nearby, in Griffin, Ga... Might pop down there again next week.

Had some bangers and mash at one of the cast's favorite places to eat: McGuires...

Anyone recognize these places...?

The "Bar" -- site of the standoff with a bunch of walkers...

9172659708_64147d4cd4_z.jpg

The "Pharmacy" -- where Glenn finally got it on with Maggie...

9172658756_0e672e9388_z.jpg

The town of "Woodbury" -- where Andrea and Milton were killed...

9170437025_a48a945b52_z.jpg

9170602875_8a15bb7998_b.jpg

This is what the above corner looks like when they film:

GH_IMG_0946.jpg

Had a blast... we're going to see the farm, prison, etc., soon...

Last edited:
Love the walking dead

I don't think they ever showed what happened to her. Just like when Glenn was locked in with the walker. Or when the Governor was surrounded by walkers. They want us to assume they're done for, but I'm guessing she survives. Just my take on it.

It's been awhile since I watched the finale, so I might be mistaken about all this.
I don't know... it's Hollywood (well, these days, it's Atlanta), and they've resurrected even worse... so, you might be right.

However, her hair hanging out of the mouth of the walker that supposedly ate her will be tough to explain away -- And, then there's Carl, who shot her. It would be an interesting (and unfortunate) re-animation, if they decided to bring her back.

Anyway... it was a cool trip. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the locations, and perhaps (accidentally) run into some of the cast...

Took a trip down to Senoia, Ga., today... Played around in "Woodbury" and a few of the sites they filmed at... they were filming right nearby, in Griffin, Ga... Might pop down there again next week.

Had some bangers and mash at one of the cast's favorite places to eat: McGuires...

Anyone recognize these places...?

The "Bar" -- site of the standoff with a bunch of walkers...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7342/9172659708_64147d4cd4_z.jpg[/IMG]

The "Pharmacy" -- where Glenn finally got it on with Maggie...

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2856/9172658756_0e672e9388_z.jpg[/IMG]

The town of "Woodbury" -- where Andrea and Milton were killed...

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5334/9170437025_a48a945b52_z.jpg[/IMG]

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2837/9170602875_8a15bb7998_b.jpg[/IMG]

This is what the above corner looks like when they film:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/Leuthen2/WalkingDead/WalkingDeadLocations/Locations_Raw/GH_IMG_0946.jpg[/IMG]

Had a blast... we're going to see the farm, prison, etc., soon...

That's pretty cool that you get to visit those areas so frequently like that.

I would love to be able to check out places that they film in, it's just an interest of mine in general, I enjoy the behind the scenes information on how things are done.

I made an offer earlier for anyone here that plans to visit Atlanta... You've got a place to stay, and I'd be happy to take y'all down to Senoia one day, and up to Suches/Blood Mt, another, for a little adrenalin infusion... (Of course, assuming I'll be around)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I do *not* believe they just ended Herschel, chopping of his head...

Read somewhere that he died in comics which is why they killed him off. Sucks though, getting rid of all the best cast members.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

yeah i think they are trying to stick to it for the most part. my son said the prison was getting boring anyway.

Read somewhere that he died in comics which is why they killed him off. Sucks though, getting rid of all the best cast members.

Yeah, they had Hershel (Scott Wilson), and the creator of Walking Dead (comic book) on Talking Dead last night, and apparently, that's the way he wrote it in the comic. However, the show has only loosely been following the comic since its inception. Scott Wilson said he told the head writer that "you're making a big mistake" when he was told his character was about to buy it.

Watching the Gov get run through was satisfying... as well as Daryl cross-bowing that ***, Mitch. But, Hershel was a *BIG* surprise.

It's been boring but this episode made up for it... Poor Judith though.. Hope someone grabbed her

Finally some good action last night. This whole season has been pretty boring. I really was getting tired of it but last night got me interested again. Only now we have to wait til February to see the rest.

Do you think the governor actually dies?

Yeah. They had an interview with him on Talking Dead, and he talked about his death.
The comic creator talked about doing a horrible death for Hershel (the beheading), since he was a favorite character, and a less dramatic one for the Governor, with everyone getting in a lick (Rick, in the fight, Michonne running him through, and Lily with the final kill shot).

I think doing in Hershel was a mistake. He was one of those binding fabric characters -- more so than Rick. He represented the moral compass of the group. The only other writer I know that consistently kills off the main characters is Stephen King...

Back