The hambone-head FZ6R Mod thread

darksidefz6r

Well bought this new as a left over in 2011. Did a few small mods and was kind of slow progress but things are starting to pick up. Bike is a 2009 white FZ6R.

The list of to-do's are:
-zx6r mirrors Done
-custom exhaustDone and wrapped
-flush mountsDone
-fender eliminatorghetto done, lol
-tank gripDone
-PCVDone
-block off platesDone
-K&N air filterDone
-Shorty leversDone
-Lowering LinkNeed Installed
-Front Fork Springs and 15W oilPurchased, waiting arrival
-FZ1 bars and Spider GripsNeed installed
-integrated tail light
-Possibly regear, unsure
-Frame Sliders

Well this far I have done the flush mounts, zx6r mirrors, ghetto fender eliminator using the stock signals with the spacers removed, and the tank grip. Really like the look of the zx6r mirrors compared to the factory ones. Anyways on to the pics. Any comments and/or suggestions welcome.

Read on to see the progress!

Last edited:

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Looks great

monstermike4343

Elite Member

MOhlrogge

Looks good! Throw on a tire hugger and a blacked out windscreen too.

Those mirrors you got look sweet though! How was the installation and where did you buy them? I am looking to put new mirrors on myself and just can't decide.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

aaronhaji

your bike looks great if possible can you let me know the flush mounts you used i love they way they look better than the proton flushmounts and how hard was the install please let me know thanks in advance

RooKie

Looks sharp! I would suggest putting on a tank pad to avoid scratching tank (and they look cool) as well as reflective white rim stripes to make the wheels POP :cool:

Last edited:

DubiousDrummer

another one you may consider is lowering the front end. FYI this mod is free and takes about 5 to 10 min.
How exactly do you do this? Please elaborate. And would this make the same difference as dropping money on some lowering links?

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

RooKie

How exactly do you do this? Please elaborate. And would this make the same difference as dropping money on some lowering links?
If you're going to lower the front as much as 1", you may want to consider getting a lowering link to even out the front and rear.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

darksidefz6r

Thanks everyone. Frame sliders are on the list as well, just forgot when I put the list up. I actually removed the windscreen at the moment. Have thought about doing a black double bubble windscreen, I don't like the touring screens they are to tall for my liking.

As for the flush mounts, they are the universal flushmounts you find on ebay( http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clear-Carbon-Turbulent-Turn-Signal-Yamaha-YZF-R1-R6-R6s-600-1000-FZ1-FZ6-600R-FZ-/170765603072?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27c26c5100&vxp=mtr ). They were fairly simple to install. Had to take a grinder and cut down the studs for the lenses so they dont scratch the paint. Also cut the factory plug off the stock signals and soldered them to the new signals.

pic of the bike currently;

Last edited:

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

faisi13

Hey man bike looks great, nice and mean...
I was wondering with the mirrors " zx6r " what year were they and did u need to do any custom work to get them on or did they go on easy hence why u picked the zx6r mirrors?

I want to change my mirrors just having a tough time deciding what to get... .

Thanks