The DSLR Picture Thread!

Admin

Staff member
Hey guys, just an FYI I have made a site were you can upload and sell your photos. I have added a bunch of my photos already.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

Shutterpoint.ca

latony007

Grumpy

Woot! an x-700. I have one of those and a k1000 and 6x7.

BoneJj

Hahaha, thanks.

No setup really, it's just a white sheet of card stock on my kitchen table with the halogen light from above for the lighting.

Camera is a Nikon D7000
Lens is a Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Prime
This was handheld, manual, spot metering.
Damn, that must be one hell of a halogen light...

I need some better lights in my kitchen. I've been thinking of getting LED but they just aren't up to par for price just yet so I'm just going to put in some fluorescent tubes behind some good fixtures.

I bet that halogen puts off some heat though, granted during the winter months you probably don't mind that so much but down here we try to go with as little heat as possible generated in the house. LOL.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

BoneJj

Hey guys, just an FYI I have made a site were you can upload and sell your photos. I have added a bunch of my photos already.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

Shutterpoint.ca
I find this interesting, any reason you don't just use one of the many already setup systems out there?

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

BoneJj

lol, it's actually a really small can light, like 4" I think. I just put the strawberry right where the light hit the table. They do get a bit warm, I don't really care for them but the damn dimmable CFL's aren't cheap, and neither are LED's at this point. Just bought the place in June so it's what was here.
I see you were shooting pretty wide as well. I have a 50 f/1.4, that lens has saved me so many times when everyone wants to party in the dark at family gatherings.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

dcBear78

A couple recents from me.

This one looks heaps better on Flickr with a dark background (click it)

I was using my daughters doll as a model to demonstrate the affects of different focal lengths to a friend. Thought I may as well process one to keep.

And a selfie...

zcypher

wow guys, some crazy nice pics some of you take, makes me feel like such a noob! well I am really, only been shooting with my DSLR since last July anyway. Here are a few of my favorites so far:

dcBear78

Doing a single lens, daily challenge for the month again. Using a 30yo Zenit Helios 44m-6 58mm prime lens. These lenses are renowned for their bokeh but are pretty useful for just about anything

First 5 days...

I figure my lens is old I may as well make my images look the same... Actually no, just the way these worked out and I like the artistic qualities. I don't really intend on continuing this theme.

Sage

Any critique welcome, a few shots from the past week, I've been doing on a vehicle binge trying to find the proper ways to photograph a car. I'm starting to miss taking portraits though :eek:
Ryan Flickr Photostream

]

Last edited:

BoneJj

I find that bridge image very intriguing. Do you happen to have a landscape version from the middle of the bridge showing it surrounding the image? I have a strong like for brickwork for some reason and the colors of those bricks are just appealing to me. I can't really explain it.

Sadly we don't have bridges like that down here in Florida, at least none that I have ever seen.

Sage

As much of a landscape I took of it, does show more stone and brickwork though

Sage's Flickr

Last edited: