The DSLR Picture Thread!

VRIIClubby

absolute weapons those cruisers,,,, fuel economy on them is apparently very ordinary! One fella I know that has one took it back, he was told it'll loosen up and get better mileage once it hits the 100 000km mark! ouch...

Decent tyres also make a massive difference on the dirt no matter what you drive!

VRIIClubby

having some fun with my old man last year when I had my triton.

his brand new Colorado at the time...

top fun!!!!

VRIIClubby

holy cow how do you get traction down there crazy stuff good pics
a good set of mud tyres help, doing it in a 4wd ute isnt the smartest as they have no weight over the back end, they like to "float" away at the rear.

There was some dicey moments, strange feeling your wheels spinning at 100kmh and your not moving, they just keep trying to dig in...all good fun though as long as yur not by yourself!

dcBear78

absolute weapons those cruisers,,,, fuel economy on them is apparently very ordinary! One fella I know that has one took it back, he was told it'll loosen up and get better mileage once it hits the 100 000km mark! ouch...

Decent tyres also make a massive difference on the dirt no matter what you drive!
Mario said it took a full load of fuel (100 litres?) to get to Brisbane (600km) towing a boat and going a tad fast.

One of the other guys was telling us how his mates were caught up north during the Aussies day floods earlier in the year. They made up a poly pipe snorkel and went through a crossing where the water was an inch or two under the roof. One guy had to sit on the roof and directed the driver with his feet, cause the guy driving couldn't actually see out the front windscreen.

VRIIClubby

Mario said it took a full load of fuel (100 litres?) to get to Brisbane (600km) towing a boat and going a tad fast.
not too bad, depending if he ran both tanks...if he did, well thats not very good mileage :) (close to 200 litres)
But, It is a V8 so you wouldnt really give a rats about it! (as I do with my V8's, If I wanted economy I would have bought a Kia or Prius! lol

One of the other guys was telling us how his mates were caught up north during the Aussies day floods earlier in the year. They made up a poly pipe snorkel and went through a crossing where the water was an inch or two under the roof. One guy had to sit on the roof and directed the driver with his feet, cause the guy driving couldn't actually see out the front windscreen.
Thats crazy! Would be fun in a POS like my old triton but maybe not in something a litte newer!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

knightmare

Those are all u.... You got some mad skill with that camera.... Nice work...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcBear78

Yeah, I'm attempting it lol. We'll see how it goes!
Good luck with it. Don't imagine it will be easy. I just recently did a "Single in" challenge for December where I had to use the one lens for the whole month, posting a picture each day.

I used a 31mm prime lens. What a challenge that was... I needed a break by the end of it. But forced me to take some creative shots I had not done before so I was happy with the results. Also a great way to get to know your lens. Will probably do it again in February with a different lens.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member
Last edited: