Tail Bag or Tank Bag

• Tail

Votes: 32 49.2%
  • Tank

Votes: 33 50.8%

• Total voters

Bloke

So you hope to catch it in mid-air :)
Lol use the "oh sh!t" strap. Mine attaches around the bars, has saved me twice in the past. Magnets are only good if you actually remember to fold out the flaps :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jots S.R.M.C.

I got that HUGE duffle bag from walmart for 10 dollars

I managed to fit like 4 pairs of pants... 6 shirts.. alot of underwear and socks... my chucks... (shoses).. hats bandanna's - sweater and I had room for more as that was loosly packed.

It also had compartments you could unzip to make it longer

All it took to strap it down was 2 semi-long bungee cords with hook ends... I got a pack of 4 for 6 bucks at walmart too.. I got that Red and silver/white bag that kinda matchs the bag at walmart for 10 dollars lol..

My water proofing consits of trash bags and gallon freezer bags for electroics and anythign I wanna cover.. - had it been super wet i woulda bagged the bags.. I was able to strap the backpack using its orignal straps lol.. It had the two sholder straps + a cross support strap..

i'm the king of packing bikes with no money.. as in .. No money for 400 dollar hard bags ( that cant seem to fit shit) like was said most bags aint got room for naything..

you got a perfect rail system for strapping all kinds of shit.. MInus the fact that "Cynthia" can't come.. but who wants to ride 2 up wiht a shit load of bags on this bike anyways? talk about back cramping

See red

My tank bag does have wings. But it has never felt like it was going to fall off. Hell, I have to yank pretty hard to get it off. I have a chase harper.

Picked it up at a kawi dealer, for 65 bucks and it fits PERFECT!

I will post a pic of it tomorrow.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member
Last edited:

RandiZ

One for everyday, two for travel

I have both. But, like just said, I have a hard time getting my leg over the tail bag after a long ride. So, I got a tank bag that I'm really happy with. When I really travel though, I need both.

I just use a backpack. I don't want to take off a tank bag everytime I go somewhere and lug it around. Unless they design them to also be backpacks. Tail bags/bins are for touring bikes in my opinion.

latony007

I just use a backpack. I don't want to take off a tank bag everytime I go somewhere and lug it around. Unless they design them to also be backpacks. Tail bags/bins are for touring bikes in my opinion.
revival of the dead thread is always good lol. i dont use either as well. For one simple reason. Sport bikes look lame with bags lol. I use a backpack when i have to take my freeze out stuff in case i get cold, otherwise i try and bring nothing. On my cruiser on the other hand they look cool with bags so i have 2 saddle bags, a smail tail bag and a phone holder for the tank :)

SurfJunkie

Holy resurrection of an old post. Guess ill just have to add my two cents

Tailbag all day. This one in fact.
Kriega US-20 Drypack - RevZilla
(Yes i purchased it from Revzilla.)

Its already on its second season with me. It, I, and the FZ6R have done over ~17K in 2013 together. The only sign of wear on the bag is the "Kriega" lettering is a bit peeled, but everything else still looks/functions like new.

The bag mounts to the sub-frame with loops that stick out under the rear seat. This makes it super easy to attach and remove with the aluminum J hooks. Eff a backpack or having anything on the tank in front of me. I commute ~50 miles a day.

xJoshuaDrakex

I use a backpack for short trips if I know I'll need to carry something. I just bought a tailbag for longer and overnight trips last season. It was awesome not having something heavy on my back. I have thought about a tank bag but I feel like it would be in my way. Plus when I get gas I would have to remove it. Too much work haha.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

If you concerned about paint damage from magnetic tank bags, visit thetankslapper
They have protective vinyl cut to suit our tanks and reasonably priced.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

BKP

I've been using a tank lock bag, like Marty shows above, for a *long* time... I also used a tail bag, until I attached a top-case, which gives me more room, locks, and doesn't cover the pillion seat...

I'm heading to a rally in a couple months in N.C. I'll either add saddlebags, or a large dry bag-duffel-tail bag...