Tail bag or Tank bag

Tail Bag or Tank Bag

• Tail

Votes: 32 49.2%
  • Tank

Votes: 33 50.8%

• Total voters

rjohnson5481

tail bag is much harder to mount and all that jazz. and harder to secure. i have a cortech tank bag and it works great. i use the helmet strap under the seat to secure the two zipper together than lock it to the bike. sure you can steal it but it will be much harder.

See red

Not fare.... I have both. I use the tank bag for my phone , smokes, a towel, bottle or two of water, and other crap. Kind of my man purse lmao! that's how my wife calls it. I use the tail bag when I don't carry a passanger and I am going for any thing local. milk, pop, loafs of bread, whatever.... Then theres the full luggage and the use of all bags for long trips.

CrazyCawi

I use a tank bag to hold my can-cooshie which is holding my beer.

Bloke

Tail bag is a PITA to put on and off due to the distinct lack of tie down spots on the xj6-s.

My tank bag holds a hell of a lot and it's so easy to attach I rarely ride with out it.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

TokenSSDD

Tank bag FTW. Magnets stick on, magnets come right off. And they come in some pretty big sizes.

iSpoolin

I don't use either. I use a book bag sometimes but that's about it lol

Chucker

I have a tank/tail bag, can be used as either. I use it as a tailbag. Originally used it as a tankbag, but I don't like having it in front of me. Also, I've got it set up so I pop my rear seat off and slide it through the velcro straps on the bag that are already adjusted to the right length. I can then just reattach the seat and I'm off. It's quick, unobtrusive, and I don't have to worry about scratching my tank. It also expands to be big enough to hold a helmet and more.

JustKatie

I use a tank bag, my legs are too short to try and hike it over a tail bag, haha. I hate to hi-jack this thread but has anyone ever had their tank/tail bag stolen?

TokenSSDD

I use a tank bag, my legs are too short to try and hike it over a tail bag, haha. I hate to hi-jack this thread but has anyone ever had their tank/tail bag stolen?
I hope not. I dunno about anyone else but I keep some pretty important stuff in mine so I ALWAYS take it with me. Mine came with a shoulder strap so I just thrown it over my shoulder and go.

Chucker

I've never left mine on the bike unattended.

Bloke

I take mine with me. I can fit my thick over trousers rolled up in it along with gloves and other kit, shove the shoulder strap through the facehole in the helmet, sling on shoulder and walk off.

sammy56

What is your choice? Why?
All of the above and saddlebags.
If you are not just a fair weather rider, you need to carry rain gear. And, if you ride for any reason such as commuting, trips, fun or whatever, you like to have "stuff" with you like chain lube, a couple of rags, high viz vest, extra gloves and who knows what else....
I just like to be able to carry whatever I want, whenever I want.

LB

CtrlAltDl

+1 for tank bag. (fyi, i accidentally voted tail)

Easier to get the bag on/off the bike and easier for you to get on/off the bike.

I call mine a "man purse" too. It's got my registration, insurance card, change (for gas when I forget my wallet), ear plugs, and rain gear.

Last edited:

Mguenther

I have both. The tail bag expands and holds most of what I need to carry.
The tank bag seemed to be in the way right in front of me. Also the magnets
don't work with the R6 and the plastic on the front of the tank. I do have a short security strap I put on both just in case they come loose.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Jots S.R.M.C.

Tail bag(S)

i moved the backpack on top of the other bag- i wasnt paying attention to the fact i covered my tail light

Bloke

hmmm, I have both... but the tank bag I have is the super mini cortech... good enough for, as someone else said "man purse"... I keep my cell and anyhing I want handy in it, change, sunglasses, camera... I only take it on long trips or if... if... if... my tail bag runs out of room ;)

my tail bag I use on almost every ride, has rain gear and a few emergency needs in it, also can throw spare clothes for work, etc... only time I don't have it is if wife has it in the cage and we are going to the same place

cortech sport tour tail bag... and, it's a piece of cake to put on and take off, it has four bungee's (well, two, but both ends exposed), I wrap these under the tail and to each other with the hooks on the end.... so, not sure what everyone who says they can't secure a tail bag means :confused:
I have a buffalo getaway luggage set.

The tail bag has 4 bungies and about 3mtrs too long of velcro strapping. It's a pain. It doesn't even carry that much.

The tank bag though is massive and real easy to use.