T-Rex Frame Sliders

Bert-Aus

I finally got the T-Rex sliders. I didn't put them on yet, but the one side is a few inches shorter. I'm not a huge fan of that... Longer means more endurance for protection.

Sent from Tapatalk
Uh no,
the longer is the left side to match up the engine casing & mounting point.
If/ when your bike lays on its side you will see how it lines up,
both sides are protected very well by them

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Well, yes I believe they are protected well. I understand why they are different in lengths. I'm wondering why not just have to same length slider on both sides? It would stick out farther, which would allow more time for a slide on that side. Wouldn't it?

latony007

Well, yes I believe they are protected well. I understand why they are different in lengths. I'm wondering why not just have to same length slider on both sides? It would stick out farther, which would allow more time for a slide on that side. Wouldn't it?
I would assume the main reason is that if you look at the bike from the front or rear as they are it all looks even. If you put the same size slider on both sides one would stick out way farther and look funky. I have to imagine there is a point where it would be too long as well.

When I originally had my Shogun Frame Slider kit, I bought two of them and put the long ones on both sides :D. It actually worked pretty well when I had a low side.

Alas, I'm sure it'll work fine. A bit more concerned now since I am no longer running a faring. I want to protect the frame as much as I can!

I just tried installing my T-Rex frame sliders. It's not going so well.

So far, the center frame bolt on the left side doesn't fit. The kit doesn't include the washers that are shown to be supplied with the kit. To top it all off, the very long skinny bolt that goes into the right side of your crank case (I think that's what it's called) isn't long enough.

I'm not happy at all with this kit. Now I have to go to the hardware store to get different bolts.

I'm pretty sure these bolts ruined one of my threads as well. What kind of company provides the wrong hardware?

*UPDATE* Luckily I tried screwing the bolts in at a different angle and I finally got them to thread. I've never been so frustrated with a frame slider kit before!

Last edited:

latony007

I just tried installing my T-Rex frame sliders. It's not going so well.

So far, the center frame bolt on the left side doesn't fit. The kit doesn't include the washers that are shown to be supplied with the kit. To top it all off, the very long skinny bolt that goes into the right side of your crank case (I think that's what it's called) isn't long enough.

I'm not happy at all with this kit. Now I have to go to the hardware store to get different bolts.

I'm pretty sure these bolts ruined one of my threads as well. What kind of company provides the wrong hardware?

*UPDATE* Luckily I tried screwing the bolts in at a different angle and I finally got them to thread. I've never been so frustrated with a frame slider kit before!
i really dont get it, mine went on so easy and im a mechanical retard. However never go and buy bolts just contact them and they will correct any problems. Glad you got them on int he end, satisfied with the look?

I just got off the phone with them. They said they will send me an extra bolt. I just had to specify what length. I told them I needed a 6x90 1.0 bolt. I hope that's right. I tried two different sizes at a local hardware store and they were either too short or too long.

I have no idea how you have had better luck than me :D. I followed the diagram perfectly.

Last edited:

latony007

I just got off the phone with them. They said they will send me an extra bolt. I just had to specify what length. I told them I needed a 6x90 1.0 bolt. I hope that's right. I tried two different sizes at a local hardware store and they were either too short or too long.

I have no idea how you have had better luck than me :D. I followed the diagram perfectly.
The only complaints i have heard about Trex is sending the wrong bolts. In my head i see them with a checklist for each bike model with boxes and boxes of all different size bolts and whoever is putting them together occasionally putts in the wrong bolts.