T-Rex Frame Sliders

Bert-Aus

I purchased my T-Rex frame sliders in April '13.
Install was good, and happy with them.
Thankfully I havent put them to the test as yet (touch wood)

Anyhow the other week after my ride with Mitch
I noted that an endcap had fallen out.

I emailed them on to see how much for a replacement.
Within 24hrs they had responded with a request for shipping address
and sent me a replacement with no charge.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Mitch21

Great service there and from what I hear a good product as well. Where did you buy them from, their site or a different vender? Have been looking but shipping costs were always a deal breaker.

Bert-Aus

Ordered them direct from T-Rex.
Shipping will always be a killer to Aus, but it is slighty better than local supply price from the stores

Mitch21

Cheers ill have a look. Have been meaning to get some for awhile now.

Same exact thing happened to one of my T-Rex frame sliders, and I got the same exact excellent service in replacing it.

VRIIClubby

I purchased my T-Rex frame sliders in April '13.
Install was good, and happy with them.
Thankfully I havent put them to the test as yet (touch wood)

Anyhow the other week after my ride with Mitch
I noted that an endcap had fallen out.

I emailed them on to see how much for a replacement.
Within 24hrs they had responded with a request for shipping address
and sent me a replacement with no charge.

That's good service, I emailed them about a month or so ago about stands and after two attempts gave up as they haven't responded.

Previous to that though they had always responded quickly whilst I was purchasing my sliders.

latony007

They responded quick to me as well and I received mine very fast. I had asked about ordering some extra of the rings in red instead of black. However when they told me they wanted like 10$ per ring plus shipping, after the shock wore off I declined lol

if anyone has red they want to get rid of or change for black let me know.

BKP

T-Rex has provided excellent service (and excellent product) from their beginnings.
I had their original frame sliders (their 1st models, when they were sorting out bolt lengths), and they were fantastic to work with (I worked with Oscar, in particular, and he was great).
I had their spools (which no one else was producing for the FZ6R), and they worked out great.
I have their front stand, which has been great bang-for-the-buck. I'd have no problem recommending T-Rex to anyone...

Bert-Aus

Well it took 3 weeks (not bad for snail mail from eastern US to South Aus & FREE)
Got my end cap -only needed 1 but they sent 2

I can def reccomend their aftersales service:thumbup:

Bert-Aus

Here is some hard evidence for T-Rex working to save the engine block!
My bike high sided and flipped over a couple times (exactly how many I don't know for sure) before landing on top of me,
and due to T-Rex protection the engine block is unscathed
You can see in the below images how mashed the T-Rex sliders are, but the important stuff looks fine apart from dirt & grime
I have to wait and see what the rest of the bike is like...?

Attachments

Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

Here is some hard evidence for T-Rex working to save the engine block!
My bike high sided and flipped over a couple times (exactly how many I don't know for sure) before landing on top of me,
and due to T-Rex protection the engine block is unscathed
You can see in the below images how mashed the T-Rex sliders are, but the important stuff looks fine apart from dirt & grime
I have to wait and see what the rest of the bike is like...?
holy sliders batman, I hate hearing about crashes, hope/glad you are ok. And good to know about the T-rex those tapered ones are the exact same ones I have. Put little Yamaha gel stickers (like on the tank but smaller) on the ends of them and they look like they came with the bike.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

he has broken vertebrae in his back. Not sure what else, it's further down in this post I believe.
ouch, can't read it. Makes me not want to ride every time i read one or makes me think about a can am again. Most those problems are removed so the only one left really is actually getting hit by a car. I hope he gets better, and quickly.

Bert-Aus

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Cerebus

As someone who has had their bike dropped on both sides, and laid it down in a round-about on the the left side ...I cannot say enough how happy I am with the T-Rex sliders and how well they have protected my bike.

Bert-Aus

So how are you feeling brother? I know it's a long road, but you can do it! I head back to work Monday after being out since end of January for surgery on both wrists. Got shots in both elbows today to boot. LOL! Good luck and keep us posted.
BORED OUTTA MY MIND!!!!
Physically, considering what has happened I am in very good shape,
I can walk around with the aid of crutches to support my weight from my left knee and hip.
I have a back brace to support my abdominal core when sitting upright (+30 degrees) and standing walking.
This brace has a plastic chest plate for when I shower and a soft felt plate with aluminium ribbing otherwise.
The brace gets a bit much by the end of each day, but just sitting without it in place when taking it off before lying down...
EWWWWHH my body feels a bit wobbly in the middle!

When I read about your wrists earlier this year I felt for you, that long a time without riding, has got to be difficult.
Now I am in that predicament and likely 6 months before I should consider getting a leg over a bike,
Time will tell I guess...

Good luck getting back into work:)

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member