T-Rex Frame Sliders

latony007

I had my first surgery in Jan and second near end of February. Can't ride here during those months anyways (especially this hellish winter we had). I am pretty much fully healed and no numbness anymore. Wounds are healed and still a little sore, but gets better with time. Doc said my hands were more muscled then anyone he's done surgery on so he had to cut through a lot of muscle to release the tendon. I can take a little soreness over no feeling and pain in my hands/arms. I'll ride more this season then the first 2 bar none. Cortisone shots in elbows were from severe tennis elbow. No tennis playing for this guy, but I chopped lots of wood :(
Work starts Monday again and I may get bike out tomorrow. Haven't had her out yet, but I think it's time if it doesn't rain tomorrow. Temps are finally hitting 60 Fahrenheit here. Still a little chilly for 40 mile roundtrip to work (30's-40's in the am), but it's only a matter of a few weeks at most. Can get bike out locally until then to get a feel. Got to take it easy though, roads look like someone blew up landmines everywhere. Rough winter! You situation isn't voluntary like mine and your riding season is year round, I believe. You'll get there! Never know you may get there sooner than you think. If your bike isn't totaled maybe when you start getting closer you can start working on it. If totaled maybe you can get your new bike and get it set up and ready. Has to be something positive to find in this right? Best of luck Bert!:thumbup:
Good luck heading back to work Scott!!

Does anyone know if T-Rex offers replacement sliders?

Did you use the supplied bolts to mount them? A while back it was said that their bolts were manufactured improperly and the bolts would end up stripping our threads.

Are both sliders the same length?

latony007

yes they have replacements, if you have issues with the bolts, as seen on another thread (with the exact same name by the way) call T-rex and they will absolutely take care of you.

I have the tapered set and one is longer than the other but when you put them on the bike they stick out the same distance if you know what I mean.

Do you have any photos of the sliders? I'm curious to see the length.

I have Shogun on mine, but the right side slider is so much shorter than the other. I had to buy 2 sets just so I could use the longer one on that side.

I was thinking about changing companies, that's why I'm asking :).

latony007

Do you have any photos of the sliders? I'm curious to see the length.

I have Shogun on mine, but the right side slider is so much shorter than the other. I had to buy 2 sets just so I could use the longer one on that side.

I was thinking about changing companies, that's why I'm asking :).
hmm, that might look weird because where you mount it on the right side sticks out farther which is why the slider on that side is shorter, so if you look at the bike from the front or rear you would see the sliders sticking out the same amount. When you put long ones on both sides doesn't it look like one side is sticking out? Im sure we can find some photos, you can see them in a couple of my album photos probably.

latony007

latony007

latony007

Did you remember yet? :p
Wow i totally forgot about this. Thats pretty lame. I will get on it tonight, if anyone has time pm after about 645 as a reminder :)

latony007

well i am glad you reminded me to do this, appears one of the caps came off and i did not even notice it. I will have to order a new one, oh well i wanted the red rings anyway now i can order both. Here are the photos

Attachments

Oh wow, those look very high quality! I like the look a lot better than the Shogun's I have.

I wonder if the length between your sliders and mine are about the same.

Those are the current generation sliders from T-Rex, right?

I'll probably buy those very soon!

Thanks for the photos!

latony007

Oh wow, those look very high quality! I like the look a lot better than the Shogun's I have.

I wonder if the length between your sliders and mine are about the same.

Those are the current generation sliders from T-Rex, right?

I'll probably buy those very soon!

Thanks for the photos!
I dont believe they are the current, someone told me they went back to a straight cylinder shape vs. the tapered. I emailed them about the cap and asked why they switched we will see what they say. i also dont think they are as long as the shoguns not sure, the one on the right bolts on to a part of the engine that sticks out farther than on the left so the trex are different sizes, but when you put them on they stick out the same amount, if you know what i mean

no i have to find more gel stickers on ebay :(

latony007

So i emailed Trex saying hey my end cap came off, do you still make the tapered style and if not why? should i be worried about this set? and do you still have the red rings for this style and within 12 hours i got a the following response...

Hi, we can ship out a cap and some rings fee of charge no problem. Will you attach your shipping address? Also in regards to the style, the reason it is not tapered anymore is only to add more of a contact area in the case of a tip over. Functionality of this kit is the same.

I wonder who makes the strongest frame sliders that do not require drilling into the faring.

Mine have always been grinded down during a slow crash.

Bert-Aus

I wonder who makes the strongest frame sliders that do not require drilling into the faring.

Mine have always been grinded down during a slow crash.
That is their purpose, they are sacrificial to absorb some of the impact

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

I finally got the T-Rex sliders. I didn't put them on yet, but the one side is a few inches shorter. I'm not a huge fan of that... Longer means more endurance for protection.

Sent from Tapatalk