Super Pissed Off !!!

findmadhav

I got a ticket for "Failure to stop at pedestrian crosswalk" in Perth Amboy, NJ.. This is what happened:
It was around 8.45 PM at night and a road at a speed limit of 25. I was driving my Camry under the speed limit. Now at a pedestrian crosswalk, I saw a couple of cops cross by, and I did slow down further and was going through. The suddenly thing girl runs and crosses the road and I do apply my brakes and stop well before the crosswalk and without even any screeching. The girl coolly went by. Then the cop (who is on foot) asks me to park and then gives me a ticket stating "I wasn't paying attention and slammed my brakes". If I did not pay attention, I would have hit the cops as well and the girl. And the ticket says "failure to stop at pedestrian crossing", and if I did not stop how did he pull me over on foot at that very crossing even without me crossing it?? I am planning to contest this in court. Do I have any chance of winning?

I have made a document explaining this scenario and plan to take it court. Do I have a chance. I am not at all convinced that I am guilty! Really pissed about the whole thing!

danieljardim

I got a ticket for "Failure to stop at pedestrian crosswalk" in Perth Amboy, NJ.. This is what happened:
It was around 8.45 PM at night and a road at a speed limit of 25. I was driving my Camry under the speed limit. Now at a pedestrian crosswalk, I saw a couple of cops cross by, and I did slow down further and was going through. The suddenly thing girl runs and crosses the road and I do apply my brakes and stop well before the crosswalk and without even any screeching. The girl coolly went by. Then the cop (who is on foot) asks me to park and then gives me a ticket stating "I wasn't paying attention and slammed my brakes". If I did not pay attention, I would have hit the cops as well and the girl. And the ticket says "failure to stop at pedestrian crossing", and if I did not stop how did he pull me over on foot at that very crossing even without me crossing it?? I am planning to contest this in court. Do I have any chance of winning?

I have made a document explaining this scenario and plan to take it court. Do I have a chance. I am not at all convinced that I am guilty! Really pissed about the whole thing!
NJ courts is all about the money. They gonna make you plea guilt, give you a break, no points but $600 less on your bank account.

Their excuse is the cop is never wrong because they are highly trained. Its gonna be his word against yours. You loose.

findmadhav

NJ courts is all about the money. They gonna make you plea guilt, give you a break, no points but $600 less on your bank account.

Their excuse is the cop is never wrong because they are highly trained. Its gonna be his word against yours. You loose.
I know the odds are against me. I will not give up till the end but. The only chance I have is if the a**hole does not come to the court!

danieljardim

I know the odds are against me. I will not give up till the end but. The only chance I have is if the a**hole does not come to the court!
I know it sucks. I got nailed in oldbridge but luckly a friend knew the prosecutor. But I did spent about 2 hours watching people getting nailed by them.

Some were really dicks, but some people had a good case and they didn't wanto to hear about. It was sad.

I recommend a lawyer too.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Last edited:

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
I'd fight that one...

BKP

I'd fight it, as well.
Unless the cop blatantly lies about you actually having had stopped, then it's winnable...

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

not sure how it works, last time i got a speeding ticket, within days i started getting letters from lawyers, so the cops sell your info to them or they get it from a public database? anyway, if the same there or not, just call some legal places that specialize in tickets and ask how much for them to take care of it

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

findmadhav

if you were ticketed for "failure to stop at pedestrian crossing", and you did stop. You have no worries... The, "well you almost didn't stop" isn't the same as you did not stop. I would go to court, and ask that simple question of the officer "Did I stop?", if he says, "well, you almost didn't" then case closed... almost doesn't count.

"I almost exceeded the speed limit", "I almost ran a stop sign"... if we can get tickets before a crime is committed, then we are in serious trouble.

And I wouldn't waste a dime on a lawyer.

*this is not legal advice, it's my opinion.
Thanks. I did stop. Not almost stopped

findmadhav

Have not been active on this forum of late - was really busy at work. But when you are in need, the FZ6R forum is always there - like family. If you want advice, wanna share something, or for that matter even vent frustration. You feel a part of it. Now I understand why people dont leave the forum even if they dont own FZ6R :)

SpawnXX

Premium Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

CtrlAltDl

Schedule a hearing, and subpoena the cop (make sure it's his day off). Then in court you can ask the cop why he is wasting your time, his time and most importantly the judge's time for the ticket that you didn't deserve.

Spunky99

hire a laywer, it always helps
Actually it sometimes makes it worse to have a Lawyer. On top of that the Lawyer will cost more than the ticket and higher insurance rates if you plead guilty.

A word of advice. Lawyers are not always the answer. They are just not always the best way to go. Just ask my 3 ex wives....none of them got a dime after I fired the blood sucking leaches that called themselves Lawyers and handled the court cases myself.