Street Legal?

Mister Bob

Got my 6R Saturday, put on 100 miles, ordered Werkes fender eliminator and was planning Two Brothers exhaust but if I've read their FAQ correctly the system may not be street legal. Is it?

JSP

Super Moderator
All depends on your state and their requirements. But as long as the plate is not tucked way up behind the tire and you have a plate light, and blinkers, most cops will not mess with you.

kevin8198

Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

baxim

Got my 6R Saturday, put on 100 miles, ordered Werkes fender eliminator and was planning Two Brothers exhaust but if I've read their FAQ correctly the system may not be street legal. Is it?
Im in Houston as well, have the viper can. No issues with the cops.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

I dont know the technicallities but I wouldnt be surprised that everything is either illegal or a misdemeanour.

It just comes down to the officer' discretion on the day (how pissed they are from the last person they dealt with or something personal in their lives) and how willing you are to defend yourself via legal arguement.

I know my front flushies, FE and pipes are 'unroadworthy',
to which end I do my best to be inconspicuous by not doing anything stupid when in greater metro area -not that I go squiding up through the hills etc

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Kdubb223

Not sure if my fellow CA riders knew about this law...
California enacts an un-sound exhaust law | Dealernews

"An older bike that has a non-compliant aftermarket exhaust installed or purchased after the 1/1/13 deadline would also be in violation of the law."

Pretty ridiculous and unfair for exhaust dealers/vendors.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member