Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

toddjcruz

I did 43 in the rear and 17 up front. Main reason for going with 43 in the back was that I can leave that one on, run 17 or swap for 16/15 up front to get tall/short gearing. Very easy to change the front, 15 mins job at most. Rear is a pain, so by going small on the back, I can change the front based on what my plans are. I run 16 most of the time. A bit taller than stock (with the 43 rear), so I keep some pull but get some better high-speed touring.

If I know I'm going to be doing 300-500 mile days on longer/higher speeds, I'll put the 17 back on.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

CrazyCawi

I put a call into my guy at driven so we shall see :) he is doing some checking for me

I might be changing my order if I can get my hands on a steel one...not having to replace it all the time will be nice

how many commuter miles do you get out of an aluminum marthy?

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

driven currently only is making a 36-37 tooth steel sprockets for our bike, sorry marthy, he says the fz6 will not be compatible.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

Bummer! you mean 46T & 47T?

Thanks CC

yeah sorry typo there. I was bummed too but hey I am getting mine hard coated sooooo I think itll last longer :thumbup:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

please tell me you paid the extra $5 for the case hardened version?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

Yep! I did order the right one this time... Jet black! with gold buts too...
oooo gold buts :thumbup: I bet if you rolled by the prison those guys would really enjoy it :eek::welcome:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bigddy263

longevity

My 38T was hard anodize all over and I put 10 000 miles on it. This one is the Vortex with shinny teeth, so no hard coating on the teeth. I'm at 5000 miles now and I need to start thinking about changing it. At 10K... change tires and sprocket at the same time. But 5-6K is a bit short handed for me. 44T is the perfect ratio for what I do... I might be able to live with 43T. Those driven look great, and they have the super light weight!

Just in case your buddy need few dimensions

150mm bolt circle @ 6 x 10.5mm hole dia.
130mm Inside diameter

If I don't find anything I might throw my stock 46T (300 miles on it) just to finish up the chain and front sprocket life. Don't like the idea really but...

Can't wait to find out... much more selection with the FZ6... like we didn't know already... :(
Am I correct in thinking that the larger diameter/ higher tooth count sprockets should last longer? Seems like you are spreading the load out over more teeth.