Speedo Healer Questions

F

FZ6R_Blue

I'm looking into a speedo healer. anyone who has one have instal pics and tips? i know CC has one but he isn't very active in the winter. i think he hibernates

BoneJj

what exactly do you have to know and put into one of these devices to get them to work?

JonKerr

Elite Member

Mguenther

I installed the spedoDRD from 12 oclock labs. Simply unplug a connector
and plug the spedoDRD in series. Turn it on and program the percentage
error. Took about 20 minutes.

FZ6R66

I have a GPS and mount it to my bike. My bike is stock and the speedo is fast by 3-4 MPH at 55 MPH. The MPH difference increases as I go faster after 55. If you have a GPS you can mount it to your bike to see how far your bike is off so you can program the % difference correctly.

motoguy82

semi-related...can a speedo healer turn a euro bike (kmph) into US (MPH)? would you just have to get the programmed percentage correct?

Sage

semi-related...can a speedo healer turn a euro bike (kmph) into US (MPH)? would you just have to get the programmed percentage correct?
Are you just wanting the speedo to change from kmh to mph?

If that's what you're looking for just hold the select button and it should change units, I know it does on the US bikes at least, idk why it wouldn't on the euro bikes.

If that wasn't your question well disregard me ;)

Mguenther

Yes it will convert from kilometers per hour to miles per hour.
They have a very good website that explains it all. Just Google it.

JonKerr

Elite Member

spleakz0r

I'm new to riding and bought my first bike, which is obviously an FZ6R.

The guy I bought it off told me that he had the front sprocket changed from the stock one to one with 14 teeth.

He basically told me the speedo is about 10km/h above the speed you're actually doing. So if it says 60, I'm really doing 50.

I was always a little concerned with this, he seemed to be just guessing - Would this be an accurate assumption?

I was wondering if there was a simple solution that would let me fix the speedo and have it display the right speed.

I take it this Speedo Healer or SpeedoDRD devices would be the best options, or are there better options out there?

Hethrir

@Jonkerr - did the same to mine, estimate roughly 15% off. tested using my buddies new car and police signs.

Y

yellowfz

Old thread revival alert

I just did a -1 front, about -7.7% to 9.2% (I chose -7.7) off, I used the 12 O'clock labs SpeedoDRD, nice product and worked great, simple and easy to install.
Nice and tiny and water proof to boot. 2 Thumbs up :thumbup::thumbup:

Man does a -1 do wonders for the bike. Feels like it should now, lots of torque. Woo-hoo!

Last edited by a moderator:

Invader Jim

Does SpeedoDRD impact the odometer too? I have noticed my odometer is off 1-2% and the speedo is off 7-8%. Are the two meters independent?

latony007

% off

Yamaha probably built in the speed difference to keep us from going to fast :)
what I really want is a gear indicator. I hate pulling up to a stop and then getting ready to go only to discover im in 2nd not first.

SixRFixR

I have the SpeedoDRD. Simple to install and cheap. I used a GPS to calibrate and, after spending way too much time, settled on -7.0% for stock gearing. The speedometer reads perfectly now, but I bet the odometer reads low. It retains your highest speed which you can later display on the bike's speedometer. That can be fun after certain rides.

EsrTek

Yamaha probably built in the speed difference to keep us from going to fast :)
what I really want is a gear indicator. I hate pulling up to a stop and then getting ready to go only to discover im in 2nd not first.
I have the gear indicator (by same ppl who make the speedo-healer), it works great when moving.
Unfortunately, at a light it is useless. The clutch needs to be engaged for it to tell what gear your in. Otherwise just sits there w/ a ' - - ' on screen.
Still have to make sure your in 1st manually.

latony007

lame

Wow thanks for that info. That the healtech gi-pro thing or whatever its called? they forget to mention that it doesn't work in neutral or when the clutch is in on the adviertisments! glad i didn't drop 130 on that.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member