Speed and Strength gear

darksidefz6r

Well I have the Speed and Strength SS1500 Seven Sins Helmet and the Seven Sins Textile Jacket, both are awesome and won't really break the bank. The Helmet runs $180 and Jacket for around $140. Helmet "meets or exceeds DOT and ECE 22-05 standars"(ECE and SNELL ratings are comapable), quick release chin strap, cheek pads pump up for a more snug and personal fit if needed, flip down internal tinted visor so no need to carry spare visor or worry about being caught out after dark, and vents rather well, and wind noise is no where near as back as my old bell arrow was. These Helmets do seem to fit a little snug so proper measurement for size is recommended. The jacket is awesome as well. Fits great, has straps around waist and wrists to tighten if you like a more snug fit around these areas, upper arm and back zippered vents, breathes really well, and seems to have nice shoulder, elbow, and spine protection. Also fits pretty true to size.

disclosure(all SS helmet add pics seem to have a tinted outer visor but actually come with clear outer and tinted internal flip down)

bloodypulp

I have the camo jacket. It's good for hot weather but wouldn't want to go down hard with it. Armor is Knox and light weight but I do like the look. Also moment of truth shoes very solid. Run with bulls gloves = crap. Fell apart after two days.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

nice gear but I hate how label whore they are lol SS everywhere on their products thats why I like my joe rocket pheonix jacket, simple patch and thats the only advert. on it

Detrich

^ Yah I don't like brands with too much "tasteless" label whoring too. If its done tastefully it's ok though.

darksidefz6r

I personally don't mind the labeling. It is just part of what they do and all the gear I have had personal experience with is a great product for what you spend. You get more for your money with this company I feel.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

coolfir3pwnz

I dunno about SS stuff. My initial reaction was that they're trying too hard and that just kinda turned me off of the whole brand. It just seems kind of... gaudy I guess

Rob

'Q'
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Detrich

I would carry a backpack with sneakers and ride with my hardshell riding boots on. That's what I do when I have to go somewhere when I still need to walk around. I just take the Sidi's off, put them in the backpack, and then put on my sneakers when I need to walk around. Pretty easy.

BKP

I saw the Tourmaster Flex series 3 jacket in a magazine this week. Think I'll be getting it soon. Finally a bike jacket with the rain zip off jacket on top... Not underneath the mesh jacket!!!
That's my spring/summer jacket, Marthy. It's more substantial than you think and runs a little large. The silver and gunmetal colors will keep the heat off you. I never wear it with the outer liner because it's just too restricting with that. But, the mesh alone or with the inner thermal liner is a great jacket. Flows air like crazy, great armor, and wildly comfortable.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

BKP

First off, I am only looking for helpful info on riding shoes, not boots, if you please. I will not be buying riding boots, at least not right now. I have boots I currently wear but they are just regular winter boots. I wear double layers of ATGATT but the footwear is where I plan on sacrificing some protection for comfort. My bike is my only vehicle so I need riding shoes that are comfortable to wear around all day but still give more protection that a regular pair of tennis shoes.

does anyone have any experience with the Run With the Bulls shoes? I've read plenty of customer reviews and get mixed results. Overall they get good ratings but the most common complaint is that the bottom is too soft and the soles wear away quicker than expected. A dealer roughly 1 hour away has them in stock to try on. (first picture with the white soles)

the only other pair in this style/comfort/price range ($80) is the Big Easy Riding Shoes from Street & Steel. I can't find any reviews on these as I believe they are fairly new. All I could find is customer ratings on a scale of 1-5. they score pretty high like the SS ones but no written reviews by customers. (second picture, the all black ones)

Thoughts? Thank you.
Check out the SS Moment of Truth shoes. Crazy comfortable, ankle high, and within your budget. If you have a Cycle Gear near you, they carry them, if you want to try them on first.

bloodypulp

Check out the SS Moment of Truth shoes. Crazy comfortable, ankle high, and within your budget. If you have a Cycle Gear near you, they carry them, if you want to try them on first.

I have these and their tough and comfy been wearing for about 9 mos. excellent ! No signs of wear.

Rob

'Q'
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Detrich

Gotta love Dr Scholls gel pads. I use them in my boots too. Helps them fit more snug and more comfortable.

bleedinblue

Elite Member