Sold the 8... (New bike, Bandit 1200s!)

06330i

Just curious, but how did you like your 8? I've been thinking about checking it out for my next bike, although I've recently feel heavily in love with the z1000.

JSP

Super Moderator
2008 SV650s

2007 Suzuki GS500F ..... [and look at what's in the background]

Mmmm... I want that SV. :D Wish I could find something local. Albany is not bad though! Price is great for an 08! Need to talk to him see how many miles, etc. Definitely need a trailer... I can use my dads truck, but dont have a trailer or ramps...

That ZZR is nice too! Carbed, but I think I am over that fear.

Thanks man. Need to get my damn money in hand so I can start wheelin and dealin.

JSP

Super Moderator
Just curious, but how did you like your 8? I've been thinking about checking it out for my next bike, although I've recently feel heavily in love with the z1000.
I loved the 8. Awesome comfort, great power. Sexy as hell. :)

JSP

Super Moderator
Now I am really looking at this Kawi Z750S you posted! Thing looks great and killer price! I just sent him a text message and I could pick it up this weekend if it is all on the up and up.

1 owner, 18k, no accidents, looks perfect. Should be a direct competitor with the FZ8.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/mcy/3640423478.html

And fuel injected!

Last edited:

Spunky99

Triumph's resale is terrible. Bad for the dude that buys it new and good for the next owner. Jus say'n

JSP

Super Moderator
I could go with, if It's a Sunday or Saturday evening.
I asked the dude a bunch of questions and all he came back with was "the bike is still available". Didn't answer anything. I asked again and no response. Not driving 3 hours for a dude that flaky. The 08 sv has a buyer. he will let me know if it falls through. Still on the look out! Maybe look at the zzr. Found another of those too.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Have a few bikes I am inquiring about.

Give me some feedback on these.

First is a 02 Bandit 1200. $2700, 29k miles. Lots of extras. Excellent shape. I know 01 and 02 Bandits had oil comsumption issues but at 29k you would think that was addressed by the service bulletin. I am asking if it has been done and the vin number to see if it is indeed affected.

Edit: Says the oil level is exactly where it was at when he did an oil change on it 1500 miles ago. No smoke, nothing. Seems if it was affected, it has been fixed? He is not at the bike right now and will get me the vin later. I will call Suzuki and see if they can tell me if it has been done. Even if not, many were not affected by it. I REALLy like that bike. Especially with the touring centric mods. I dont want to jump the gun and pass up a better bike/deal, but this is a great price I could get him to $2500 maybe. Thoughts? Very quick with emails to me, very nice guy.

2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200 - Royal Blue

Next is a 04 SV650S, Slight damage to bar end/muffler and clutch handle. I could get him down a little more to say $2700. Low miles, otherwise great shape.

2004 SV650S

Looking at another SV650, 05 I believe. Waiting to hear back from him with pictures, etc.

Last edited:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
both look like great deals although the bandit looks to have most of the upgrades you may want already on it alond with 3 hard cases sounds that one seems to be a steal!!!
Biggest issue is that he does not know if it had any valve adjustments. I cant find the service intervals but someone said 7.5k or 10k miles for adjustments?!?! Only good thing is that same person said they are not shim and bucket adjustments. They are I assume just the arm and nut? I know how to do those as my Rebel had that kind. Very easy. He said the previous owner told him all maintenance was done on time. It is also carbed, but ya. It is beautiful bike, Hell of a lot of bike for the price. Nice canyon carver AND touring sport bike. Only issue with them is the oil consumption which he says it does not do. For the price, I could probably part it out if anything ever happens and make my money and maybe more back. Says it runs flawlessly and beautiful. Or I could put a big bore kit in it which solves the oil issue AND gets a boat load of HP with it :)

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Bandit great for touring.... sv good all around bike... if you're not planning on long/camping getaways, I wouldn't get the bandit. Lots of track heads love the sv... good all around bike for track and weekend fun.

Probably about the same insurance wise???

Lots of our rides are indeed 8+ hours. Think this would be great for that. Plus the wife would be much more comfy on this and more prone to take a weekend bike get away.

Dont know why, but that bike is just calling my name haha. Something about it. I miss my heated grips! And that luggage would be great to have. And has a center stand...

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
Apparently he is getting blown up with interest on this Bandit... I offered him $2500. He said he would have took that but with all the interest he is going to try for the full $2700. I will talk with him later this week to see where we stand. Still keeping my eyes open. ;)