Sold the 8... (New bike, Bandit 1200s!)

JSP

Super Moderator
Pretty happy about it. Great deal for a hell of a lot of bike. :D I'll do a walk around video and some better pictures when I get her home or on Sunday.

JSP

Super Moderator
Hope so! Damn, this makes bike #5 in five years. :D

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

ksanbon

Hope so! Damn, this makes bike #5 in five years. :D
That combined with your experiences in the same period makes you qualified to write a motorcycle buying guide. Sales would be in the thousands on this forum alone.

Congrats, Jay. You deserve it.

DragonBlu

It was in the cards that Jay would someday join the "Blue Team". Congrats Jay!

JSP

Super Moderator
It was in the cards that Jay would someday join the "Blue Team". Congrats Jay!
Haha! I have been silver, yellow, black, black, blue. :D

JSP

Super Moderator
Ahahaha! I just called State Farm to quote the Bandit! I dont need full coverage as its only worth $2500... So just basic state minimum liability.

$7.50 a MONTH... Nice.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Got the bike! Love it. Thing pulls the front end up pretty Dang easy! Needs
PHP:
new rear tire and chain. Been cleaning her for a few hours. I'll get some good pics in the light tomorrow. These Givi cases are awesome.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Here are a few pics.

Needs new rear tire and chain pretty bad. (both on order already). Front tire is fine for a while. There is a little damage to the front cowl but nothing bad. It has been touched up but not very well. I may just end up plasti-dipping the front cowl black or something. Not sure. Bike runs beautiful and has awesome torque! I love the bags. They are mono lock or something like that. They just snap right on and off of the mounts very easy. They can hold a metric butt load of crap. :D

It has obviously been dropped a few times. Little scratches and gouges here and there but looks very low speed if hardly moving at all.

All in all for $2500 I am absolutely happy and could not stop smiling when I rode this thing. So fun. 11k redline and it likes to stay in the middle of the range. Tons of power/torque at ANY rpm! Thing is a beast.

Throttle Meiser or however you spell it is great. Just twist the bar end and it locks the throttle.

Givi touring screen keeps the wind off very nicely.

Sprockets look brand new, so just doing a chain for now.

Heated grips take a while to heat up but thats expected and how they all usually are.

12V power outlet will come in handy!

Holeshot exhaust sounds good. Nothing crazy loud, but a nice throaty growl. Sounds like a motorcycle should sound.

It is heavy. I definitely feel the extra weight. I need to master the center stand technique. Wrenching my back trying to get this thing up. Its a pig.

When moving, the weight disappears. Very smooth ride. Dips into corners awesome and damn is it comfy!

Brand new battery. Wired for battery tender and he gave me a brand new unused tender as well.

Could not be happier with this buy. May end up just keeping this bad boy for a long time. ;)

Last edited:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member