Sold the 8... (New bike, Bandit 1200s!)

JSP

Super Moderator
Sad day, but I am happy at the same time.

Have a buyer for the FZ8. Funds are in my bank. Dropping it off the beginning of this next week.

Will miss her for sure, but will be nice to not have a bike payment. I have the cash saved up to get an older used bike outright with no payment. Have about $3500 to spend.

I wont be under long. On the search now. Looking at older FZ1, F4i, CBR, 03-05 R6, etc... Will see what pops up.

I sold it for $100 less than I paid for it. So I got a nice long test drive, about 2,000 miles for $100 and the price of gas. Can't beat that!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

bobby bo bonsin

Congrats man. Yeah im in the same boat sort of. Id like to unload the 6r and buy something older that i dont have to make payments on. I wouldnt mind an older r1 /r6, f4i,rc51 or something. Its always fun to get something different. Good luck in your search!

Hello my real name is Adam.

BKP

Congrats on the sale... good luck in the search for something new...

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Fizzer6R

put my vote down for a FZ1, but im biased cause i'm on my 3rd one :cool:

BoneJj

Now that's a nice sale.

Good for you man.

RoadTrip

your budget is not far off, saw a clean 2005 CBR600F4i at the dealer with less than 10K miles for asking price of $4500. I did some research and it has 109hp, so pretty much full on 600SS power level. Good luck on your search, keep us posted.

JonKerr

Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator

yfz6r

A gen1 (2001-2005) is the best bike there is for that budget. Reliable as can be, good gas mileage, comfortable, and very powerful. Miss mine dearly. There is any mod you would ever want for it. Take off the front upper fairing and headlights and make it a naked for 1 sexy bike. The power of your fz8 with the comfort of a cruiser. They are amazing bikes. I wish I could go back and kick my ass for selling mine 2 years ago

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
You better get something soon.. It's about to start warming up again!!!!

Keep an eye out for me broski! Got the money at the end of this week. Stupid savings account takes time to transfer back and forth.

$3500 ish. If ya know anyone that is selling fairly clean bike let me know.

My list of bikes I will be looking for...

CBR (F4i, RR, etc) (pretty much any 01-02 or later)
R6 (03-05)
FZ1
FZ6
SV650 (03+)
Honda 599 or 919
Kawi 636 (03-04)

I think that's about it... :D

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Thanks. Going to focus local for the time being. Really dont want an engine swapped bike, but I will for sure keep my options open as we come into spring. F4i and FZ1 are my main first choices. F4i pop up a lot around here. 4 or 5 the last few months for good prices. Of course now that I am ready to buy, there are no more.

;)