So... My Go-Pro Video?

MikeN02

It's unlisted so I haven't shown it to many people yet because I'm not sure how many people will take it. Only showing it to a selected few... feel special!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgWgpFfIUEg&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Lets forget the past[/ame]

CrazyCawi

wow the cinematography was done to near perfection! I appreciate you showing us the video! Where did you get the idea for this project?

MikeN02

wow the cinematography was done to near perfection! I appreciate you showing us the video! Where did you get the idea for this project?
Thanks, the intro was done using adobe after effects. Used a different camera for the night scenes or "flashbacks" since the Go Pro can't handle the night shooting. The rest of the movie was edited with Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 with some color correctors, warm colors and darken.

It's just a story of forgetting the past and striving for the present or future. The things that help you get there, in this case... my bike!

JSP

Super Moderator
Thats awesome man! Really. Very nice video Mike

MikeN02

Thanks jay. Really not sure how people would take it since a lot of guys are out there with the "I'm a man" type of replies or train of thought.

JSP

Super Moderator
Thanks jay. Really not sure how people would take it since a lot of guys are out there with the "I'm a man" type of replies or train of thought.
Nah, those are just the ones that actually ARE insecure about who they are :D

Dont worry about haters Mike, thats some nice shit man.

CrazyCawi

Some of the best editing ive seen in a long time. Ive seen and done alot, and that is SUPERB

MikeN02

I'm still learning of course, I started out with windows movie maker then avs video editor and finally manned up and watch tutorials on sony vegas and now I love it.

especially since go pro is mp4 which movie maker couldn't detect so I had to find another program.

CrazyCawi

whatd sony vegas run you?

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

MikeN02

Let me tell you this, it took a long time to film because I don't have an LCD screen so it's shoot it put it back in my computer (laptop) to see if the angle is right, then shoot it again.

DragonBlu

Very nicely done Mike. I appreciate art,music and your talent. I also appreciate men getting in touch with their feelings. I'm a man and I'll kick anybodies a$$ that says I'm not.

MikeN02

Very nicely done Mike. I appreciate art,music and your talent. I also appreciate men getting in touch with their feelings. I'm a man and I'll kick anybodies a$$ that says I'm not.
Thanks. Just goes to show that you don't need a lot of high end fancy equipment to make a decent video. Sure I would love a $900 DSLR camera but I can't afford it so I'll make do with the Go Pro.

Detrich

Really nice job Mike... :) am i sensing a career change in the making? <lol> u'll have to move to LA soon... xP (I know NYU is better known for their film program, but USC's isn't too shabby either. And, for what it's worth, we have way better roads to ride on- plus no winters in So Cali... hahahaha xP)

Am really liking the red and gunmetal motif u got going for the bike too... reminds me that i still need to get my FE kit and sliders installed. got all the hardware, but just haven't had time to mess with it. <sigh>

Great work! :)

Sage

great work Mike! The vid looks awesome and the story is layed out really well :)
All of the shots are really well done and are framed great, and the dialogue/music really accents the vid :)

The only thing I'm nitpicking on, which is in your AE intro, is one of the parts the words go partially off screen to where you cant read them at a spot where it's intentionally stopping for the audience to read, but hey thats an easy fix and it was probably just overlooked since it does look natural and I know from personal experience that the 3D space is sometimes a bitch to work with

Last edited:

MikeN02

great work Mike! The vid looks awesome and the story is layed out really well :)
All of the shots are really well done and are framed great, and the dialogue/music really accents the vid :)

The only thing I'm nitpicking on, which is in your AE intro, is one of the parts the words go partially off screen to where you cant read them at a spot where it's intentionally stopping for the audience to read, but hey thats an easy fix and it was probably just overlooked since it does look natural and I know from personal experience that the 3D space is sometimes a bitch to work with
Yeah there are a couple of things wrong that I know but I was just in a rush to finally finish. A couple of scenes I wanted to film too but didn't have the time.