So... My Go-Pro Video?

Sage

Yeah there are a couple of things wrong that I know but I was just in a rush to finally finish. A couple of scenes I wanted to film too but didn't have the time.
Yea that was the only one that i noticed after watching it a few times because i couldn't stop. Great job again :)

MikeN02

Nice GoPro shots, but you didn't give credit where it was due.

The music and monologue are not original. And the footage with the girl is ripped as well.
Yes, the soundtrack and scenes are from another video titled follow the leader by format67 or fast michaelis. I put it in the description as well to give them credit for it if you care to read the video description but I'm guessing you didn't as well as many others. The song is by Ludovico Einaudi and poem by E.E cummings which I mentioned at the beginning of the video. I'm a fan of theirs, have their dvd and stickers. They're located in Europe as well and I've asked them specifically to make a motorcycle video but I had no reply so I set out and did it myself... with a go pro.

But since you want me to list credit where it's due let me start to name a few:
Yamaha Motors
Expressway Authority
Kingston Electronics
Brembo Motors
Zero Gravity
Dunlop
Castrol
K&N
Engine Ice
Cycle Gear
Dainese
Alpinestars
Scorpion
Sony Entertainment
Microsoft
Lexus
Sony Entertainment
Evolution
Riot Gear
China
CF Film
Bikebolts
Kryptonbulbs
T-Rex Racing
Harbor Freight
Shell

Just to name a few. Now you can dislike the video if you want but I've had people messaging me and thanking me for creating a video that is close to the situation/story they have been through. How picking up a hobby such as motorcycling has pulled them from doing something stupid that they'll regret.

Last edited:

dekaliber

Yes, the soundtrack and scenes are from another video titled follow the leader by format67 or fast michaelis. I put it in the description as well to give them credit for it if you care to read the video description but I'm guessing you didn't as well as many others. The song is by Ludovico Einaudi and poem by E.E cummings which I mentioned at the beginning of the video. I'm a fan of theirs, have their dvd and stickers. They're located in Europe as well and I've asked them specifically to make a motorcycle video but I had no reply so I set out and did it myself... with a go pro.

But since you want me to list credit where it's due let me start to name a few:
Yamaha Motors
Expressway Authority
Kingston Electronics
Brembo Motors
Zero Gravity
Dunlop
Castrol
K&N
Engine Ice
Cycle Gear
Dainese
Alpinestars
Scorpion
Sony Entertainment
Microsoft
Lexus
Sony Entertainment
Evolution
Riot Gear
China
CF Film
Bikebolts
Kryptonbulbs
T-Rex Racing
Harbor Freight
Shell

Just to name a few. Now you can dislike the video if you want but I've had people messaging me and thanking me for creating a video that is close to the situation/story they have been through. How picking up a hobby such as motorcycling has pulled them from doing something stupid that they'll regret.
No need to get defensive. I'm not knocking your video. I watched the whole thing and thought it was well done. You did a lot with limited hardware and the result is very impressive.

What bothered me in particular was that you didn't mention the source of the audio track, which I think we can both agree contributes significantly to the message in your video. Sure, you do credit the pianist and poet, but it wasn't you who put the two together, as I would have been led to believe (probably as others were) had I not seen the format67 video first.

Anyway, maybe I'm just being pedantic, but I feel like explicitly citing other creative works is a pretty important part of being taken seriously as an artist. FWIW.

Sage

No need to get defensive. I'm not knocking your video. I watched the whole thing and thought it was well done. You did a lot with limited hardware and the result is very impressive.

What bothered me in particular was that you didn't mention the source of the audio track, which I think we can both agree contributes significantly to the message in your video. Sure, you do credit the pianist and poet, but it wasn't you who put the two together, as I would have been led to believe (probably as others were) had I not seen the format67 video first.

Anyway, maybe I'm just being pedantic, but I feel like explicitly citing other creative works is a pretty important part of being taken seriously as an artist. FWIW.
I agree it is in good nature to mention who it is and song, I've learned to do it through my classes, idk if even though I've used copyrighted material and credited, that I can load videos past 15min unlike a ton of the community, but it looks like he did it w/o using the description or youtube did it as the artist's youtube is linked, along with their itunes and amazon if you wanna buy the song/album

Last edited:

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

ecunni04

I have considered buying one of these things.

My normal gear place "motorcycle outfitters" has a go-pro for basicly 300 that has all kinds of mounts, ect.

They also have a cheaper go-pro for around 170 that doesnt have as many mounts and the camera isnt as high resolution..

Are you able to hear yourself talk while riding with the go-pro? They said there is no mic hookup so was curious. Is 3 bills worth the money for this thing?

:confused:
I was wondering the same thing. It seems like they would offer an external mic to be routed into the helmet for better sound. There are a couple of videos on you tube about disconnecting the mic that is built into the camera and modding it, making it external only, which would work, but I don't want to spend $300 just to tear it apart. Maybe it is something to come...