So I'm sitting here at work...

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member
I do nothing unless there is a problem cept surf the internet all day.

It gets real expensive when you have time to surf and analyze all the mods for the FZ6R and then find the best prices....Other than an aftermarket windscreen, I think I've done just about everything I can do that can be purchased.

I really want to replace my brake and shifter foot levers for some aluminum ones like the r6r has...he he he....

Yah I've been finding myself looking at mods, gear, other bikes and it just makes me want all of it.

I think another problem I have, is that I like to do different things. Here everything is pretty much always the same. Maybe I should get tested for AD(H)D..

My buddy is trying to talk me into YSR 50 racing. He won world champ in the 80's.
I already contacted a few people to see if they want to trade for guitars and amps...LOL
70+ mph on a YSR on a road course. Cheap to run and fix and fun as hell.
I have a 4wd truck so can take the bike, tent and tools/parts to the track for a race weekend once a month.

I too have wayyyyy tooooo many hobbies.

I've been contemplating selling my amp and getting something smaller...I have a Marshall JVM 210c I paid like $2800 and it's never seen past 2 on the volume, go go townhouse living.

A 5 watt tube amp will still cook your neighbors ears...LOL

One of those cheap Epiphone Valve Junior with mods will do ya. With a 2 x 12 cab with Vintage 30s, it'll sound like 20 watts.

Buy Epiphone Valve Junior Tube Amplifier Head | Tube Amp Heads | Musician's Friend

Here is a modded one with video

epiphone valve junior jr fja mod modded see video - eBay (item 120595333707 end time Aug-11-10 18:25:15 PDT)

I have this setup and a hand made Fender Champ with a 10" speaker in the tweed cab.
To tell you the truth, I use my Line 6 Flextone XL the most. It is 135 watts but you can dial it down really low or use headphones. It works well with every pedal I have (I have most all...LOL) and it sounds great. I have a patch for a Dumble Overdrive Special that is GOD....

LINE 6 Flextone III XL 2x12 Stereo Combo Amp - eBay (item 320570179302 end time Aug-09-10 09:53:33 PDT)

Last edited:
I sold my Soldano SLO a few months back and it makes me cry...I had that amp tubed perfectly and it was a 1981 which is the holy grail year.

It is amazing how 6L6 tubes sound in that beast. It has amazing headroom and sounds like the Dumble ODS on the clean channel.

The Orange amps sure are expensive...ya....

LOL..only a couple of hundred dollars on paintball gear?

How about several thousand on airsoft gear.....I play against the Marines at Camp Pendleton and other places here. LiPo batteries and the rest cost lots but my son loves it.

Nice! I use to have a 1982 Honda MB5 and I was kicking those YSR 50 A%$ all day long. I was able to get about 70 mph out of it. Kind of pretty impressive for the knowledge that I had at the time. I will like to get another one just for the hell of it.

I can't find any current MB5 races. The only thing still going are the YSR 50s

if i had extra money, the Soldano SLO would absolutely be an amp stack i'd add to my collection... there is absolutely nothing on earth that sounds like it. they are just too damn expensive.

for combo 'practice' amps, the Line 6's offer some really good bang for your buck. but, i'm old school and still prefer the warmth and tone of a good tube amp anyday. but, for just noodling/ practicing, the Line 6's are fine.

that said, i hate my job too... :lol:

Line6 is basically a low-cost, convenient solution for a practice/ portable combo amp. I have a Line6 Pod that I use for recording when Guitar Amp Pro doesn't have the tones I need... My main amps that I've had forever are (a) 1987 Carvin X-100B and (b) 1992 Mesa Boogie Dual Recto pumped through 2 Recto 4x12 vintage 30 cabs, running in parallel. My Carvin head is one of those heads that must not have been biased properly from the factory, because even after re-tubing it a few times already, it sounds like a vintage Marshall head- but smoother with built-in reverb. The Recto is basically a raw, biting-sounding head with a lot of gain. So, when I blend these two together it's a really warm tone that I never get sick of... Obviously the type of guitar makes a difference too.

Back