So Cal at it again, riding on 1/26

latony007

Yo, I will probably leave around 8am from National City. If you want to meet up along the way, I'm cool with that. Just so you know, I'll be moving quick since I am interested in seeing how long it'll take me to arrive at Denny's. I suggest we gas up together and try to make the 150 mile trip on 1 tank. I may pack some tools in case any issues come up.
i thought you were going to say you were from Del Mar or maybe even encinitas. National City? DO NOT kill yourself trying to make it up here in 2 hours please, puts a damper on our ride LOL. You taking the 405 or 5? i assume not the 15. Google says 2 hrs 40 mins but i think thats with no traffic. i think you should be able to make it on one tank, there is a 76 right in front of the Dennys so we can all fill up before we take off.

latony007

if we would have made it next week you guys would get to see my bad *** new seats :) But since USPS is so slow it will probably be the monday after we ride. but here is a picture.

Attachments

i thought you were going to say you were from Del Mar or maybe even encinitas. National City? DO NOT kill yourself trying to make it up here in 2 hours please, puts a damper on our ride LOL. You taking the 405 or 5? i assume not the 15. Google says 2 hrs 40 mins but i think thats with no traffic. i think you should be able to make it on one tank, there is a 76 right in front of the Dennys so we can all fill up before we take off.
I saw the route, I'll probably hit up the 5 to 405 unless you know a better route. I assume the 2:30 hours is based off of a vehicle going 65. So, you can ball park at what my speed will have to be to make my 2hr goal. I'll try to keep it under a buck most of the way. I try not to have doubts, they cause hesitation which is valuable to me. I think Yoda said it best, “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

if we would have made it next week you guys would get to see my bad *** new seats :) But since USPS is so slow it will probably be the monday after we ride. but here is a picture.
That looks dope, wish I had seen the thread where you all ordered seat covers sooner.

latony007

That looks dope, wish I had seen the thread where you all ordered seat covers sooner.
Mine was not in the group buy from luimoto. Mine is from Eddie at Dirt Road Custom. i will post a full review and pictures when i get them.

knightmare

Man that's close to the way I want mine to be done.... I'm hating right now....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

latony007

Man that's close to the way I want mine to be done.... I'm hating right now....

lol, he is a great guy and will custom it any way you want. I actually had the front seat back already and it was def. more comfortable. My *** wasnt screaming at me after 2 hours. I sent it back because i was having a hard time getting the rear on with it so he paid for the shippign back to him and fixed that and tried to lower it for me as much as he could. Plus i had him do the rear as well. Cant wait to get them on. Maybe we could get lucky and the PO deliver on sat. but im not counting on it.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

latony007

I am uncertain at this point but I may have a window sunday morning and may try to make it.... Tony can you do me favor and tell me what the final meet location was ill save it on my phone incase I do en up going. and it was 11 / 11:30am right
Yep, really hope you can make it, and not just for your gopros lol

Denny's
8330 Topanga Canyon Blvd, Los Angeles, CA ‎
(818) 883-8874 ‎

just text me on the way down if your behind or something.

latony007

k thx looks like a little under 2 hrs for me
This is about 15 minutes past my house. assuming no traffic. About 4 exits after mine is the 101 north and about 8 exits from there to Topanga but they come up quick.

latony007

here is my vid of following my brothers Can Am down ACH if anyone is interested. Dont know why it gets wavy when the rpms are up, didnt do that first time i recorded in standard def. Anyway these babies really handle the twisties great. i have ridden it up and down a few times and they are a lot of fun, plus the fear factor is almost zero, but much faster than him lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUm8NVQ12m4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

knightmare

Nice...

latony007

Hey is it my imagination, or is it because we have a big group ride planned this weekend that this week is taking FOREVER??

knightmare

Dude it is taking forever....

cezell09

Yo, I will probably leave around 8am from National City. If you want to meet up along the way, I'm cool with that. Just so you know, I'll be moving quick since I am interested in seeing how long it'll take me to arrive at Denny's. I suggest we gas up together and try to make the 150 mile trip on 1 tank. I may pack some tools in case any issues come up.
Well I was gonna suggest meeting up off the 405 but I don't want to throw you off your goal. I was thinking of this starbucks since it's right off the freeway. 9025 Warner Ave, Fountain Valley, CA 92708. It's fine if you want to keep going though.

And btw add a +1 for me. I'm trying to get my dad to go. I'm not sure if he'll make it yet though.

knightmare

Is it Sunday yet.... Man it's taking forever....

abyss1406

I cant make it, I gotta do my valves and make another homemade baffle, mine shot out last night again

Well I was gonna suggest meeting up off the 405 but I don't want to throw you off your goal. I was thinking of this starbucks since it's right off the freeway. 9025 Warner Ave, Fountain Valley, CA 92708. It's fine if you want to keep going though.

And btw add a +1 for me. I'm trying to get my dad to go. I'm not sure if he'll make it yet though.
Nah, I'll just go on ahead. Not a coffee person, I already have enough energy as it is.