Should I change my oil?

W

wolfc70

Cool, if I do bring my bike I'll have to check them out. Maybe in the future I will bring it. At least in Florida you can ride 12 months a year. Here I don't know about yet, only been here since February..
If you do not mind moderate cold temps, you could ride the vast majority of the year in VA. Being from Florida though, you may find close to freezing temps a tad cold. Unless I visit in February, then record snow will fall, this happened two years ago. Or if I visit in summer, massive storms will knock the power out for three days.

There are lots of cool things to see in the "northern neck" of VA. There are two places in Westmoreland county, Westmoreland Berry Farm, and Ingleside Winery & Plantation. The Shenandoah Skyline Drive is very cool also. And there are numerous wineries and battlefields scattered through out the area. I am kind of a history buff and I enjoy seeing some of the historic places that have shaped our great counrty into what it is today.

If you do not mind moderate cold temps, you could ride the vast majority of the year in VA. Being from Florida though, you may find close to freezing temps a tad cold. Unless I visit in February, then record snow will fall, this happened two years ago. Or if I visit in summer, massive storms will knock the power out for three days.

There are lots of cool things to see in the "northern neck" of VA. There are two places in Westmoreland county, Westmoreland Berry Farm, and Ingleside Winery & Plantation. The Shenandoah Skyline Drive is very cool also. And there are numerous wineries and battlefields scattered through out the area. I am kind of a history buff and I enjoy seeing some of the historic places that have shaped our great counrty into what it is today.

I bought a house in Florida in 2005 I am originally from Brooklyn, NY. I lived at Fort Drum for 5 years and endured -40 degree weather for months at a time so cold has no affect on me I'm used to it. Now the weather is nice so I am starting to sight see in VA now.

W

wolfc70

I bought a house in Florida in 2005 I am originally from Brooklyn, NY. I lived at Fort Drum for 5 years and endured -40 degree weather for months at a time so cold has no affect on me I'm used to it. Now the weather is nice so I am starting to sight see in VA now.
Well if that is the case, I think you will find the Northern VA and D.C. winters rather mild.

TOMIK

I have my bike for 40 days now and only have 300 miles, owners manual says one month or 600 miles, my question is this, should I change the oil now since pass the 30 days?

arkkornkid

I have my bike for 40 days now and only have 300 miles, owners manual says one month or 600 miles, my question is this, should I change the oil now since pass the 30 days?
After seeing what came out when I did mine at 600 miles, I wish I had done it a little sooner. I plan on doing it again at 2,000 miles.

It can only help so I say go for it.

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Detrich

we don't have oil filters to catch the metal? :headscratch:

JSP

Super Moderator
we don't have oil filters to catch the metal? :headscratch:
We do, but a lot if it will settle down in the pan and not get circulated to get caught...

JonKerr

Elite Member