Sh!tty ride to work this morning....

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
....literally!!

I was on my way to work this morning when a large tanker truck got off the highway in front of me. As I was passing the truck, it sprayed liquid all over me, the bike, and my helmet. I was pretty angry at that point. But when I got past the truck completely, I noticed that the company name was Bayou SEPTIC!!! :mad::rant::mad::rant::mad::rant::mad::rant:

Not happy at all about that! Just hope the rest of my day isn't as crappy! :disapprove:

Too bad it didn't happen yesterday on St. Pat's Day, 'cuz you know, yellow (bike) and blue (toilet water) make green!

Thanks for that story this morning. For you, not so funny, for me...:rof: :justkidding:

That sucks! More so than when I was riding behind a garbage truck and papers flew out everywhere and almost blinded me.

Too bad I was a ninja and dodged them all.

That really sucks!

I guess all this crap is just a continuation from last night. I was St. Patrick's Day (as well as by bday) but it seemed to be the unluckiest day ever.

I went to get my hair cut and the lady doing it was new. FML
Then when my wife and I finished dinner and were taking care of the dishes, the kitchen sink stopped draining. FML
The drains are clogged and I had to use my shop vac to suck the excess water out so our cats wouldn't play in it. FML
Then the hose spilled the nasty water all over my feet and the kitchen floor. FML
Then when I went to dump the nasty water out in the yard, I tripped over one of our yard lights and snapped the support shaft. FML

I think we all just need to go back to bed and wake up tomorrow hoping that things will be better. :(

....literally!!

I was on my way to work this morning when a large tanker truck got off the highway in front of me. As I was passing the truck, it sprayed liquid all over me, the bike, and my helmet. I was pretty angry at that point. But when I got past the truck completely, I noticed that the company name was Bayou SEPTIC!!! :mad::rant::mad::rant::mad::rant::mad::rant:

Not happy at all about that! Just hope the rest of my day isn't as crappy! :disapprove:
not so good
:(

Last edited:
That really sucks!

I guess all this crap is just a continuation from last night. I was St. Patrick's Day (as well as by bday) but it seemed to be the unluckiest day ever.

I went to get my hair cut and the lady doing it was new. FML
Then when my wife and I finished dinner and were taking care of the dishes, the kitchen sink stopped draining. FML
The drains are clogged and I had to use my shop vac to suck the excess water out so our cats wouldn't play in it. FML
Then the hose spilled the nasty water all over my feet and the kitchen floor. FML
Then when I went to dump the nasty water out in the yard, I tripped over one of our yard lights and snapped the support shaft. FML

I think we all just need to go back to bed and wake up tomorrow hoping that things will be better. :(

Hah, about the same level as me. I was trying to hold my brother's dog and he pissed and sat down, got back up and wagged his tail like crazy. I got piss all over my arm and face.

Not to mention I've been involved with the law every month since december.
Speeding ticket, Catching illegal fish, my brother tying a dog outside, stealing my bike, sister dui... etc

Bad luck for me this year.

I usually hitch a ride to work on the 'road-train' its eco friendly

BBC News - Police investigating lorry push video

:eek:

The police in this country really get my back up - here we have a really clear cut case of a f_cked up bit of driving (in a freaking wagon for god's sake) and at first they don't think the footage matters - only two months later have they decided to take this further. Yet you go a bit over the speed limit and they try to make out what you have done is akin to mass-murder. The driver needs to be brought to justice in a significant way, promptly.

ohh btw i just had a bit of bad luck too, driving back from a conference in Penzance, i had a blow-out at 95mph in my old mondeo. Real pain in the ass putting the spare on the dark with traffic flying by!!! Home now thank goodness.

Well crap, was 70 miles from home and made a turn at night; turns out there was gravel all over the road :(. Well not too much damage, was able to ride home even with a bent bar. Surprisingly the only damage was to the crankcase cover, the kickstand, and the bar being bent and scratched end weight.

Back