Need Help I need help it’s my one and only way to get to work

luan01102000

Hello guys, today I changed the spark plugs on my bike I got the NGK CR9EIX, I put everything back together and go for a quick ride, everything work fine until later on today the bike started to misfiring. I was on the way home stopped at a red light get the bike to first gear pull the clutch and the rpm just drop to 0 and the bike dies and won’t start up. I jump start it and at the next red light it happened again. The third time I was turning and suddenly the dash went blank the rpm indicator drop to zero but the bike still running and eventually dies again. I have to keep jump it up until I get home and the bike just kept doing the same thing. Please help

Half-Click Up

I would go back into her and verify that the plug wires are all snapped down tightly. They should've clicked when you pressed down on them.
*Sidenote: make sure you remove the adapter fittings from the plug ends. I had a subscriber insist that he left his on, but I honestly don't understand how the Fizzer's wire type can properly snap on with those fittings in place.

If all that checks out, go further and make sure all the plugs are tightened to spec. Loose plugs can cause strange behaviors.

luan01102000

Wow I’m also one of your subscriber thanks for all the videos man your mods and maintenance videos helped me a lot. I watched your video on changing spark plugs too, I removed the adapter before installing it and I checked the plugs they’re all snapped in and in correct order. I checked it again today, put everything back together the check engine light is gone but the misfiring is still there. Maybe one of the new spark plugs is bad. I also checked the air box, all the connectors and vacuum lines but no luck so far. (The bike was fine before I change the spark plugs)

Half-Click Up

Wow I’m also one of your subscriber thanks for all the videos man your mods and maintenance videos helped me a lot. I watched your video on changing spark plugs too, I removed the adapter before installing it and I checked the plugs they’re all snapped in and in correct order. I checked it again today, put everything back together the check engine light is gone but the misfiring is still there. Maybe one of the new spark plugs is bad. I also checked the air box, all the connectors and vacuum lines but no luck so far. (The bike was fine before I change the spark plugs)
Hey if you kept your old plugs, you could do some testing and either chase down the offending bad plug, or straight up swap the entire old set back in to see if the plugs aren’t your problem.
Also, and this is unlikely, but perhaps one or more of the new plugs have a goofy gap. Stranger things have happened.

luan01102000

Hello, I got some updates. I think I fixed the misfiring issue just took the spark plugs out and reinstalled them but the bike still shit off during rides. I notice it only shuts off when the temperature get to 210-214 is it an over heating issue? I thought the fan only kick in at around 214 I’ve never had this problem before I also have fresh coolant in it.

luan01102000

Hey if you kept your old plugs, you could do some testing and either chase down the offending bad plug, or straight up swap the entire old set back in to see if the plugs aren’t your problem.
Also, and this is unlikely, but perhaps one or more of the new plugs have a goofy gap. Stranger things have happened.
I threw the old plugs away, I should’ve thought about it. But I checked the new plugs with my multimeter and they’re good.

It sounds logical that the problem is related to your plugs because you just changed them. Can you get a new set to try as they are pretty inexpensive?

Do you have a Power Commander?

I as because I had a PCV go bad and after riding in traffic it would have a rough idle and sometimes cut out. Doesn't sound exactly like your problem but something to consider. Easy check for that is to temporarily remove it and see if fixes it.

luan01102000

It sounds logical that the problem is related to your plugs because you just changed them. Can you get a new set to try as they are pretty inexpensive?

Do you have a Power Commander?

I as because I had a PCV go bad and after riding in traffic it would have a rough idle and sometimes cut out. Doesn't sound exactly like your problem but something to consider. Easy check for that is to temporarily remove it and see if fixes it.
Yeah I do have a PCV I’ll try that and see if it fix it. Do you think it’s an overheat issue?

Yeah I do have a PCV I’ll try that and see if it fix it. Do you think it’s an overheat issue?
I can't say if the heat is related to the problem or not but it does not sound like its running too hot where it will overheat the engine. The manual says that above 243F the coolant light will come one to alert you of overheating conditions.

The temp you mentioned doesn't sound too hot especially if you are in traffic and in hot weather.

Below is the link to the owner's manual incase anyone needs
https://library.ymcapps.net/library/om/contents/pdf/10/36P-28199-12_02.pdf

luan01102000

I can't say if the heat is related to the problem or not but it does not sound like its running too hot where it will overheat the engine. The manual says that above 243F the coolant light will come one to alert you of overheating conditions.

The temp you mentioned doesn't sound too hot especially if you are in traffic and in hot weather.

Below is the link to the owner's manual incase anyone needs
https://library.ymcapps.net/library/om/contents/pdf/10/36P-28199-12_02.pdf
Thank you man I’ll look into it.

fz6rfizzy

Where did you get your plugs from? I just ordered some off ebay thinking hey they're cheaper online. Then as I was browsing online ran across articles about "fake plugs." So be warned now! On the back of the box NGK CR9EIX iridium spark plugs it should read "M10" some of the counterfeit NGK read "M14" on the back of the spark plug packages. Also if you research you will see differences between a counterfeit item and not. Unfortunately for me I had encountered the fake plugs. But luckily right after I read the article and changed them the next day (luckily did not ride it either) and went to buy from my local autoparts store and identified some of the fake markers from the ones purchased on Ebay. Just FYI to everyone out there.

Milos

if push comes to shove get yourself a set of NGKs regular CR9E ,non irridium ones ,really cheap and should help with diagnosing issue You're having