Safety and gear

Eorr

I'm a new rider and always wear my helmet a riding jacket, gloves, riding boots and usually have over pants on or jeans that are Kevlar lined. My question is about riding boots. Does everyone else always wear them when riding. It's a bit of a pain in the *** if your running errands. I guess it's like insurance....you hate to pay for it but are glad to have it if needed. Anyway, just wanted to see what others are wearing reference foot gear.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Eorr

Ya I have a pair of Bates that I got on discount. They are a full track boot but think maybe I got a defect pair. They are not real comfortable and seem to pinch a little in the toe box. I noticed a lot of the riding boots seem to be a little narrow......lol I guess that's what I get for having fat feet

Well thanks for the info I'll take a look at what you guys are wearing. Thanks for the info!!

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Eorr

I do like the look of that Speed and Strength boot. It looks comfortable! I need to get a good everyday summer boot. I may look into that one. Thank you.

RooKie

I'm using Speed and Strength Moment of Truth riding shoes.

They have a securing strap that can be loosened up whenever I'm walking around and easily tightened when I'm ready to ride.

The soles are stiff (for protection in case of a fall) but it isn't stiff enough to feel uncomfortable while walking around on them.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

jarshie

I've only owned this pair of riding shoes, so may be skeptical but these are pretty nice. known as "alpinestars fastlane", they fit well and don't burn my feet up while riding. I run a pretty wide foot and don't find them constricting at all. As can be seen, the soles are rather thin so if you're going to be standing around, then you may want to consider some insoles. Only time i dont wear riding shoes is for my 10min commute to work :facepalm: . need to buy a second pair of shoes to leave at work, so i stop that bad habit

Last edited:

latony007

i have some tourmaster i like, raise me up an inch too which is always nice. But do i wear them 100% of the time? no. I put on my nikes last night when i ran to 7-11 and then target, maybe 5 miles total. Thats on my cruiser which i use for store runs etc. i almost always wear my boots on the FZ6R because i dont use it for quick runs and because i need the extra height on the fz :)

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

Hay Tony, where did you get your custom seat for your FZ6R and do you like it?
I love it, best thing i can say about it is that even if i am on it for hours i no longer notice the seat. Not to mention it looks awesome. i dont usually double up on this bike because i have a cruiser specifically for taking my wife or kid but the rear is a massive improvement as well. I can't compare it to say a corbin cause i have never sat on one but it was less than half the corbin i think. I have a mustang on my cruiser which is awesome but you cant compare cruiser and sport seats. Check out this thread.

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/dirt-road-custom-seat-review-30771/?highlight=dirt+road

Bert-Aus

Well since my insurance came through for my gear (my leathers were cut off, helmet passed the inevitable test and boots mangled)

I found myself an Alpine Stars GP pro 2 piece leather suit (black/ white/ red jacket & blue/ white/ black pants!) in my size and some Sidi B2 boots.
Both were second hand but they are in brand new condition for a price that I could not let go.

Now I am in the market for a new helmet & back protector -due to my injuries I am not going to ride without one now

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

abyss1406

I got a pair of Cortech Latigo boots, there awesome and comfy

sammy56

Steel toe workboots are good too...my 2¢.

LB

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

sammy56

Steeltoe workboots are all I ever wear....I guess it's just what you're use to.
Dedicated bike boots are certainly best for ultimate safety and function.

LB