S.d. east county...

ej'sfz

Last call for alcohol! !!! Meet in at julian high school at 9 tomorrow im leavin from ramona round 8 maybe hit sunrise hwy then cruise around from there 760-703-8034 if interested let me know!

JonKerr

Elite Member

ej'sfz

Please be careful and watch your mirrors on Palomar. I refuse to ride that road anymore. I'm no slouch and I had 2 guys go down in front of me in a matter of 15 minutes, both riding too fast and trying to pass me on the inside like it's a race track. That ruined that road for me. Plus guys pushing too hard and running wide into my lane. I don't think I've been up there a single time and not seen someone either lay it down in front of me, behind me, or just did it before I went through. Just not worth it. There are plenty of other roads in SD County that are just as, if not more fun and not as dangerous.
That's what ive heard jon and that's why I rode right past it and into valley center lol. We did 180 mile loop down sunrise and up 79 back into ramona on old julian and then out past palomar and up 78 back into ramona. Ive heard way too many horror stories about a-holes on palomar... including my old service writer who bought a 13 r1 a yr ago and wrecked it with 500 miles on it cuz he thought he was joe rider lol.
Im shyin away from palomar for sure thank for the heads up though always appreciated!

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

latony007

Please be careful and watch your mirrors on Palomar. I refuse to ride that road anymore. I'm no slouch and I had 2 guys go down in front of me in a matter of 15 minutes, both riding too fast and trying to pass me on the inside like it's a race track. That ruined that road for me. Plus guys pushing too hard and running wide into my lane. I don't think I've been up there a single time and not seen someone either lay it down in front of me, behind me, or just did it before I went through. Just not worth it. There are plenty of other roads in SD County that are just as, if not more fun and not as dangerous.
That sucks when people ruin good roads. If you feel the need to ride like a maniac there are tracks within range. Angeles Crest has some of those issues but i have never seen anyone go down on it when i am around. Mostly its the damn bicycles in the middle of the lane that piss me off. Unfortunately i have a regular 9-5 type job so i only usually get up there on the weekends but when you have a free weekday thats when they are the best. i did this canyon ride in santa clarita a few weeks back on a monday i swear i didnt even see another car.

JonKerr

Elite Member

SixRFixR

I'll have a day off every week for a while.
I work a 4/10 and have every Monday off. It's great to ride with minimal traffic. Still, I was out this past Saturday on a 267 mile loop. Met some folks in Temecula and headed east. We went the back way up to the Palomar store for a drink, but back down the same way avoiding the front. I'd still like to do a group ride with some other FZ6R's. I just need to read the forum more often to catch the notice.

latony007

I work a 4/10 and have every Monday off. It's great to ride with minimal traffic. Still, I was out this past Saturday on a 267 mile loop. Met some folks in Temecula and headed east. We went the back way up to the Palomar store for a drink, but back down the same way avoiding the front. I'd still like to do a group ride with some other FZ6R's. I just need to read the forum more often to catch the notice.
We have done a couple group rides up here on angeles crest highways it was pretty fun. Very cool to see 6 or 7 fz6rs lined up in the canyone.