Road test passed!!

ajones70

Soooo I passed my bike road test today and am soooo excited! I had to share!! How many of you are brand new to biking too? Cant wait to go out now on my bike when I want :D
And Im pretty darn happy with my white FZ6R as my first bike too!!

Motomama

Congrats on passing your road test today. The world of 2 wheels await for you.

The FZ6R is a great bike. I love mine! After 4 months and 4,040 miles... I m still smiling from ear to ear everytime I ride my bike. This is my third bikes and my favorite.

Enjoy.....

Toni
Samsung Galaxy S3

BKP

Congratulations...

Ride safe...

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

DevlDog

I'm brand new to biking myself. Haven't taken my road test yet, but I do have my learners and a friend who is good at riding. I took my bike out the other day and had an absolute blast even though I was a bit anxious. Didn't make it much above 25ish miles an hour though, and didn't go much farther than two miles lol.

indian9990

I'm new to riding as well and it's an awesome bike! I love it. Everyday I can ride I take advantage of it. Have some co workers that I ride with now on Friday's as well! It's awesome. Just got to be careful!

PS,
Yellow is the best! ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

latony007

welcome

Welcome to the wonderful world of riding. I learned to ride when I was a kid on dirt bikes and have ridden whenever I had the chance on friends bikes etc. but did not buy my first until last January. I bought a Susuki cruiser which I still have and enjoy taking the wife or kid out on. But I noticed riding is a lot more fun with friends and the friends I had with bikes were all sport bikes. Riding the canyons and stuff around here I was starting to feel a little inadequate. Enter the FZ6R and no more problems there. I love it, smooth, quiet, its like an Anti-Harley :)

ajones70

I'm brand new to biking myself. Haven't taken my road test yet, but I do have my learners and a friend who is good at riding. I took my bike out the other day and had an absolute blast even though I was a bit anxious. Didn't make it much above 25ish miles an hour though, and didn't go much farther than two miles lol

I've been up to 65mph (110kph) and it was pretty daunting!!!! lol.....practice practice I guess! The road test here was pretty easy, lots of stop signs, few yields and lights. No skills test and the test centre doesnt have a parking lot for it woohoo! Just one less thing to have to worry about!! I did the bike course recently and that was a godsend. Def gave me alot more confidence. I just started riding 2 months ago so I am pretty impressed that I have my license already :thumbup:

Last edited:

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

ajones70

Congrats!!!

The 6R is indeed a great beginner bike and long term bike too! I am having an EXTEMELY hard time with it... I LOVE the bike SOO much I do NOT want to trade it in, yet I really want this other bike too! LOL Everyday I ride my bike since I came upon this other bike, just reminds me of how much I really like my current bike too! The ergos, handling, steetable power, MPG!
Yea, this is my first bike and I'm so happy with it! I can't imagine riding another one yet! What other bike are you looking at? I contemplated the Ninja 300 but after alot of debating decided to get this one so I could do more "growing" with it than get a bike for now and be looking to switch it out after a year.... so far def the right bike for me!!

DragonBlu

Congrads to the new riders. I've been riding the pavement for 45 years and it really pays to start out easy until you get some experience guys. Ride safe and have fun!

latony007

test

in CA there Is no "road test" for motorcycles. They have a circle and some cones set up in the parking lot, you weave through the cones, go around the circle twice without touching the ground and your good to go.

Detrich

Congrats :)

Don't forget gear and ride safely.

MikeRides

I'm a brand new rider as well - rode for the first time about a month ago, got my endorsement, and got my FZ6R right away. I took the MSF course with my girlfriend, which is a 3-day series ending with a skills test on a closed course.

It's been fun so far, but to be honest I haven't ridden enough to know how much I love the bike. It's gorgeous, the fuel gauge is helpful, and the power feels just right for a new sport bike rider. But there are negatives for me, too. The bike is too quiet for me (and I have the Raven, so I'm not only silent but invisible). The shifter doesn't seem to always respond consistently, although that may be me. I have somewhat large feet and I sometimes feel like I have to point my toe inward awkwardly to get a good pull on the shifter. I'm starting to wonder if I would like a more aggressive seating position, too - but it any case I have a long way to go before I'm a confident rider - for now I'm just super excited to be on two wheels!

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

ajones70

Congrats :)

Don't forget gear and ride safely.
Oh for sure!! I dont even go in the parking lot without being geared up! Saw this derp yesterday...helmet, leather jacket, biker shoes ..... and SHORTS!!! He must hate his knees! Jeesh... Whats wrong with some folk!?!?!:facepalm:

ajones70

If you haven't done it yet, many of us here would beyond HIGHLY recommend you take the MSF BRC class! No offense to your friend, but they are much better instructors and will teach you all the needed things, that a friend/family member might forget to tell you. Secondly, many states you will qualify for your license at the end of the class!
Whole heartedly agree! I did the course 3wks ago and was well worth the $500 cdn. Helped with my confidence. My hubby has helped me alot but there were a few small things they showed and taught that experienced riders take for granted or do automatically.